Rockingham Woopsies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockingham Woopsies

I've run tracks a lot of times and in all of the sessions at all the tracks I've never seen so many people run off in my group. I ran Rockingham last year and I can't recall anybody in my group running off at all. This time, oh brother...
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That guy in the Miata is a horrible driver. Looks like a bunch of low performance drivers in high performance cars. Well you were turning some good laps pdub and you had video to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
      That guy in the Miata is a horrible driver. Looks like a bunch of low performance drivers in high performance cars. Well you were turning some good laps pdub and you had video to prove it.
      That Miata driver is not a guy. She blocked me on all the straightaways lap after lap but she never gave me a pass because she would drive away from me in the banked curve because I'm afraid to hold the gas down in the banked curve. Here's the best I could do when she wasn't around. This is a 1:15. Our friend George ran a 1:09 in his Spec Iron Mustang without a blower, so the banked curve was my huge barrier to a much better lap time.

Comment

The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.
          I fear that I'll have to somehow miraculously acquire a rental car in rural NC to get us all the way back home from there.

Comment

You may have proven my point.

Comment

Actually, it looks like you're getting better at this. Not Mario but better.

Comment

I see the Circuit of the Americas named a corner after Mario this morning.... Peewee has a mark to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  I see the Circuit of the Americas named a corner after Mario this morning.... Peewee has a mark to hit.
                  You mean the marker on the wall in the corner that says Mario on it? Like a bullseye?

Comment

That is some serious banking pdub, I totally understand taking it easy. You definitely were running some good laps with great lines. That Miata driver in first video should have been black flagged. I'm considering doing some lapping days next year at Pacific Raceways. Should be fun!!!
                    Oh and I will get video.
                    Last edited by ratpatrol66; October 19, 2022, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                      That is some serious banking pdub, I totally understand taking it easy.
                      The banking is the way it ought to be. Rusty Wallace made a lap around that oval at an average of 150 mph back in the day when the track had paving on it. Everybody else went through that banked curve faster than me by a LOT. At the group classroom session the instructor asked who's carrying what kind of speed through there. Folks said 100, 110, 105. Folks with all kinds of cars said that and I saw them doing it, getting smaller in Red's windshield. Usually I'd go into there about 100 and come out going 65 or 70. I had seen how it's done but my brain could not make my right foot believe that the car would stick going through there while it was bouncing like hell.

It's a fun place, It'll be even more fun paved. They started paving it this week, they waited for our event to get over before they started paving. Gee, thanks, we said.

Comment

Just for you Pdub:
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I suggest we get Pee Wee another name besides PeeWee Trickle.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

As We Say........

"He Came Into the Corner HOT......
                            And Just Ran Out Of Talent !!!"
                            or

"There they Go.........
                            Mowing the Infield Grass Again !!"

Comment

I'm only now getting around to checking Red out after our Rockingham trip and the tour of the race track. At some point a Rockingham rock went through one of his headlights and now there's twice as many paint chips missing from the front hood than he had on him last year. And his windshield...poor windshield. It's a shame you can't sell pock marks one at a time on Ebay. I hope they're having a great time over there this week paving that track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020826.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1327727
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020830.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1327728

Comment