Who knows about water heaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows about water heaters?

Why would the temps on my 2 year old water heater be getting hotter?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Electric or gas?
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The thermostat probe for the control is dirty , or someone in house turned up the heat range on it. Or the mixing valve if it has one , most times tankless off boiler.

Comment

It's gas. No one turned anything up.
        Any other info?

Comment

I was a plumber, many years ago. Saying my knowledge is out of date. But as I understand it the modern ones have a circuit board in them and I'm thinking that could go haywire and think the water is cooler than it really is. Seems like the place to start would be the temp sensor - garbage into the board = garbage out. Again, more or less a hip shoot.

Comment

Okay. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I was a plumber, many years ago. Saying my knowledge is out of date. But as I understand it the modern ones have a circuit board in them and I'm thinking that could go haywire and think the water is cooler than it really is. Seems like the place to start would be the temp sensor - garbage into the board = garbage out. Again, more or less a hip shoot.
              Yes. But it still has a probe that regulates the temp. When it gets covered in crud it needs the water to be hotter to read the temp the unit is set for, asking for.
              Last edited by 2020 mustang; November 9, 2023, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I know less than nothing about a gas heater and just about nothing about an electric one. A search brought up this article that runs along with what 2020 said above. It mentions that if your water is really hard and the sensor is crudded over, a new sensor will get crudded over just as quick as the other one did. https://portablepowerguides.com/hot-...ensor-failure/
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yeah , I'd go with the sensor. Back when I had well water I used to change them alot .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                  X