Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fatal street/race car accident in Livingston,Texas

Originally posted by Schtauffer
    Brian, that is exactly what I was trying to say.

Caged street car? I bet good money they were not wearing helmets. Seat belts might have helped, but if a noggin slams a roll cage bar, padded or unpadded, its going to do damage.

Troy Daniels was killed in the accident, apparently of a head injury.

exactly, unpadded rolled with no helmet is like taking a bat to the head.

R.I.P. Troy.

Im sure the driver is feeling bad, Lost a friend. i bet they were just tunning it, just a freak accident.

Comment

There was a video of Tom Nelson testing a twin turbo car on the street and he took it through a fast food drive-thru. I thought he looked pretty dorky wearing his helmet during the test. Now I'm thinking he's a lot smarter than I thought.
      Tampa, FL

Comment

My older brother died in a car accident as a passenger some years ago. The car was a 5.0 Mustang, high-13 second car. My brother and his buddy were running late. The driver yanked it down into third and pulled out to pass; as he was going around the slowpoke in front of him, they went over a very slight rise in the road surface. It was enough to unload the back tires, and the car came around. The front driver corner hit a pole; the car then violently spun the other way, slamming the passenger door hard into a massive sycamore. It snapped my brother's brain stem, killing him pretty much instantly.

Dumb, reckless driving? Yep. But how many times have many if not all of us put the pedal to the metal to pass a slow car in front?

Our family got together and decided that we would hold no grudges. The poor guy who was driving suffered for years with the guilt. There was no need for us to go after him and make him pay. The mental misery was punishment enough, plus some.

I really feel bad for the guy who was driving the BB Opel. I have an idea of what he's going through. It would be much more productive to learn from his mistake than to sit here and blast him on the internet. Most of us think "It won't happen to me;" I assure you it can. Use your head, or you'll literally have no use for it anymore.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
          Our family got together and decided that we would hold no grudges. The poor guy who was driving suffered for years with the guilt. There was no need for us to go after him and make him pay. The mental misery was punishment enough, plus some.

I really feel bad for the guy who was driving the BB Opel. I have an idea of what he's going through. It would be much more productive to learn from his mistake than to sit here and blast him on the internet. Most of us think "It won't happen to me;" I assure you it can. Use your head, or you'll literally have no use for it anymore.
          x2, my brother passed last year in a roll over accident when the driver, with my brother's encouragement, was driving way to fast down a curvy mountain road. Our family similarly opted not to go after the guy, as he still expresses a ton of guilt, changed personality and is still waiting trial on criminal charges for it. We don't feel the need to add to the pile. Strangely enough my Mom and the driver's Mom have started writing letters to each other (mind you this happened in Skopje, Macedonia).
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The guy who was driving in the accident which took my brother's life is pretty much part of our family. He and his wife and 5 kids come to our family get-togethers. It is much better than having an enemy.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Troy Daniels was killed in the accident, apparently of a head injury.
              A NOS bottle to the back of the head perhaps??

I didn't particularly like the mounting location of that bottle.

Besides, I thought NOS was only to be installed in a place on the car where it could be sealed from the cabin in case of a leak.. It's illegal to have a NOS bottle installed on the street down here ($10K fine) and track rules mandate the isolated location as well.

Comment

The way the NH/IHRA book reads is that if the bottle will not be behdin some sort of sealed firewall, it needs to have a vent tube running out of the vehicle.

I do not think that bottle location would pass tech at very many tracks that give a crap about safety.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  They may not meet the physcis requirements but they sure meet the spectator requirements!

Here's Frank Mazi at bowling green. This ended with the car eating the tree.

:o

Comment

Frank Mazi's daughter Dawn Mazi-Hovsepian is a member of the website. She has an awesome story of growing up traveling to strips with her dad and his wild cars!

Great name too, "The God of Hellfire"

Here's the story...her website rules.

Comment

Wow! Those old Chrondek timing trees were way mo' stout than the Compulink trees today, huh Bruab?

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

HA!

I think you're right Ron (plus that concrete ring that was at the base of this one helped). Either that or they had a force field around it. :D

Comment

Working...
                        X