They don't film music the way they used to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't film music the way they used to

This is probably the best filming of music I've ever seen, wish they still did it this way, they don't even release music performances by bands in theaters anymore
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: They don't film music the way they used to

SUPER post Eagle! Ironically, I love to hate hate country music, but I do appreciate what it takes. It takes talent to do it well, and there's so many people out there doing it so poorly.

Was anybody here alive long enough to remember the album (CD) entitled "Trio" with EmmyLou Harris, Dolly Parton and Linda Rondstadt singing harmony? Ohhhhhh man, that was to die for......nothing in this world was ever done better.

The one traditional gospel song, "Farther Along".......oh my goodnesss. I gave that CD to my daddy because he liked it so much, and then when he died it disappeared. I think I should get another copy of it. If I can find one somewhere.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I agree, thanks for the post. I've never been a fan of country music, especially in my younger days, and in particular the garbage that's billed as country since the early 90s, which is nothing more than adulterated pop music. In any case, I do appreciate truly good music, and authentic country music is certainly worthy of commendation. It's one of America's true folk music genres. And I'd never been acquainted with Emmylou Harris, and now I'm in love with her! LOL. What an awesome voice and sentiment; this is country music at its best. I remember 25 years ago I was in love with Linda Ronstadt for some reason, probably more for her looks than anything else, and peewee is right; seeing those three angels together in Trio is lovely. But I think Emmylou takes the cake.

Here is another one of hers that I like a lot:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And this one:

Damn, I can't get enough of her!! I wish my horizons had been broader when I was younger. I missed a lot.

How about Nanci Griffith, with her Ford Econoline?

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Now that you've discovered and are in love with Emmylou, check out her album "Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town." That's when she was young and at her best, about the same time that the "Trio" album was released. Awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Peewee. I'll check it out.

I was reading up on her on wikipedia, and I wasn't clear on that Trio album, because they said it was planned early on in her career but never released. Then they said a Trio II was released later on. What's the actual story on that album?
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Comment

We are lucky to have the Orange Peel in Asheville NC

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                Thanks for the tip, Peewee. I'll check it out.

I was reading up on her on wikipedia, and I wasn't clear on that Trio album, because they said it was planned early on in her career but never released. Then they said a Trio II was released later on. What's the actual story on that album?
                Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Trio-Dolly-Parton/dp/B000002LAC

Comment

Speaking of emmy lou, this is one of my favorite clips of her. She looks lovely, and perhaps seems to have had a few drinks? I like when The Killer does his little riff on the piano and she almost falls over. :D Then she forgets the words and he covers for her. All in all a very cute and entertaining appearance.

Jerry Lee Lewis & Emmylou Harris singing Crazy arms.This is a unique performance captured on video.

Comment

"She looks lovely..."

I'll say. This is the jacket liner from the Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town album, circa 1978:

Comment

Poor homely kid. Must have been a terrible shock to her folks (J/K, of course - I'll often say that to ME when we meet a purdy girl).

Dan

Comment

That Emmylou photo is from 32 years ago. It's hard to watch people getting old. Celebrities, friends, family - it's hard to watch. Including me. It's cliche, but the line about looking in the mirror and wondering what the hell happened....it's so true.

From that era, Stevie Nicks didn't age well. What a shame. But I'm uglier than that, so there ya go.

Comment

Working...
                        X