Damn... heros walk amongst us, they really do - now with news link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn... heros walk amongst us, they really do - now with news link

A very good friend of mine was traveling with his family yesterday near Weatherford, Oklahoma! (I assumed it was Texas lol) He was a little ways behind a pickup pulling a horse trailer when a semi rear ended the horse trailer and caused the pickup and trailer to roll and flip down an overpass embankment. He slowed down and followed the now flaming pickup down the hill. He jumped out of his car and proceeded to pull the three occupants from the *on fire* pickup. The fire had not spread to the passenger compartment yet, but all of the occupants suffered severe burns from the heat as well as injuries from being bounced around inside a rolling pickup.

That, my friends, is what you call a hero.

I hope that I could react as boldly if ever faced with such a situation.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Re: Damn... heros walk amongst us, they really do.

Holy cow!

The adrenalie must have been flowing in that situation. He saved all their lives.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

that cool..
      I'd like to think everyone would do the same, sadly most will not

Comment

I salute your friend, I hope I would have the courage to do the same given that situation.

The animal lover in me has to ask -- I hope the horse trailer was EMPTY!?
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
          that cool..
          I had to take a EMT First Responder class for work and the instructor told us even though we are trained, it is in are best intrest to Not stop in a situation like that.

Comment

That's just awesome. Shame more wouldn't do what he did.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
              that cool..
              I had to take a EMT First Responder class for work and the instructor told us even though we are trained, it is in are best intrest to Not stop in a situation like that.
              I was told the same.. lawyers and judges .. will burn in hell for cause'n that to be true..
              and before they start.. not all lawyers

Comment

If that's true, that's a damned shame. Putting your 'best interests' above the lives of three people is borderline pathetic.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I've jumped in the pool a couple of times because an infant/toddler jumped in without floaties. I didn't think twice just did it. I would hope that in a situation like this I would do the same.

Your friend is truly a brave person, and you are sure lucky to be able to call him your friend.

Pat that guy on the back for me and tell him good job....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                    If that's true, that's a damned shame. Putting your 'best interests' above the lives of three people is borderline pathetic.

AMEN BBR, AMEN !

Comment

a man pulled a guy and wife from a fire ball here 5 years ago and got sued.. and the panty @$$ judge sad the man that saved their lives was at fault, and caused the guys back issues..
                      HELLO, YOU'D BE DEAD IF HE DIDN'T HELP
                      SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN

Comment

a man pulled a guy and wife from a fire ball here 5 years ago and got sued.. and the panty @$$ judge sad the man that saved their lives was at fault, and caused the guys back issues..
                        HELLO, YOU'D BE DEAD IF HE DIDN'T HELP
                        SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN
                        Unreal - that judge should be diss-barred, diss-benched, and diss-embowled!

Comment

Yeah......it's like.........

hey, sign this waiver and I'll pull
                          your ass out of this burning vehicle
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Each state has good Samaritan laws which states to what length a bystanders may or may not help. Knowing each states laws is tough, as there are some state laws that state doing nothing will get you in trouble as well. You would need to contact the police, fire, etc not just walk away.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

So - to be "safe" dial 911 from your cell phone - and watch the people burn while waiting for the authorities to arrive.

God help us all.

Comment

Working...
                              X