F-bombs away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-bombs away

I was brought up that you don't talk like a drunk'n sailor in front of lady's...
    but now ladies(if you can call them that) use it adnasum(sp?)

Comment

I've read this whole thread, most of it, a visual scan.

Yes, be appalled from a moral standpoint if our broadcast media is about to be even more polluted with stuff we wouldn't want kids to see/hear.

But in the broadcast media, we DO have a choice. We can TURN IT OFF.

Let's say....boy oh man I'm walking on ice here, I'm sure of it.....let's say that my job required me to visit and work at a manufacturing facility in another English-speaking country...let's say a country just north of ours.

Let's say that profanity was so much the norm, that it was so much a part of normal conversation, that it was not even considered to be profanity. Let's say that the F-bomb ... let's say you'd use it in normal conversation with your own mother, and she'd F-bomb you right back.

I was so utterly offended for some hours up there but then I realized these folks weren't cussing each other out - they were just talking.

It's all a matter of perspective. And if the broadcasted stuff seems offensive, we can turn it off.

Just an observation. We have a choice, unless you're around the water cooler with a bunch of cussers in their own environment. Then, you just have to go with it.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm against censorship but don't think you should spit in the face of casual decency....

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
          I'm against censorship but don't think you should spit in the face of casual decency....
          Agreed. If they start droping F's on network, it'll be just another brick in the wall. At least by lots of our own personal moral standards. All the stuff on network is crap anyway already, so watch 'em run with it. Like profanity might add some value to a pig that already is in bad need of some makeup to look pretty....and the masses watch no matter what. It's sad, a sad statement about our society, that so many people watch network anyway. Whatta buch of crap.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

they really need new life in the fall programming

Comment

Working...
            X