Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEE WHIZ - Alfred Sloan lasted 40 years .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEE WHIZ - Alfred Sloan lasted 40 years .....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors is getting its fourth CEO in just under 18 months, as the company announced that Ed Whitacre will leave the post Sept. 1, to be succeeded by another auto industry outsider, former Nextel Communications CEO Dan Akerson.

Re: GEE WHIZ - Alfred Sloan lasted 40 years .....

Consistency of leadership is really important to a company's success. :D
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Yeah, but it's clear that the "Outsiders" do a heluva better job running the company than any of the "Insiders" did. I don't care how awesome we think some of the former GM CEOs were - bottom line, they SUCK OUT LOUD at running an actual business.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Tough to argue that point.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Which makes the former Nextel guy a bit of a question mark as they haven't exactly set the world on fire for the last several years including his tenure. With both Ford and GM returning to profitability it will be interesting to see see if the return to business as usual and slide back down into cyclic feast and famine.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            Yeah, but it's clear that the "Outsiders" do a heluva better job running the company than any of the "Insiders" did. I don't care how awesome we think some of the former GM CEOs were - bottom line, they SUCK OUT LOUD at running an actual business.

john smith was damn good
            google it

Comment

too bad GM was seized at the nick of time
              to kill the hydrogen car

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                too bad GM was seized at the nick of time
                to kill the hydrogen car
                seized? are you serious?

Sure, like a drunken sailor falls overboard and is "seized" from the ocean, perhaps.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

yup has nothing to do with all the reg's we the people force on American biz. that off shore don't have...
                  "think green" :-\ >

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

yup has nothing to do with all the reg's we the people force on American biz. that off shore don't have...
                    The more wisdom I read on the internet - the more I realize that the only REAL problem with America is: EDUCATION

Comment

me educmucation es poifect, yous aintest thee smrter must peple hear!!!! ;D :P
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

:D :D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

The more wisdom I read on the internet - the more I realize that the only REAL problem with America is: EDUCATION
                          then you better read up on the international trade..
                          and the regs here and the ones not everywhere else..
                          wake up..

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill
                            Which makes the former Nextel guy a bit of a question mark as they haven't exactly set the world on fire for the last several years including his tenure. With both Ford and GM returning to profitability it will be interesting to see see if the return to business as usual and slide back down into cyclic feast and famine.
                            It could be worse - they could have picked a Sprint CEO and had their dealerships all adapt Sprint's brand of "customer service."

Comment

Working...
                            X