Clear All

Re: peewee's Gonna Play, Dadgummit

Originally posted by Bamfster
    SEE....I told you so!...HA!
    V
    V
    V
    V

Bamfster, all you need is a window to the left of the fireplace, and the dog could look out. I really like the couch. Do you have the massage feature plugged in? It's pretty cool, you don't even have to put quarters in it.....

pw
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

PW, I have a friend in Chattsworth that plays lead. He plays blues and jazz. I don't know if he has a band but I'm sure he would let you jam with him.
      OH YEAH
      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
        peewee,

I know you like to play original stuff, but one song I love to hear on a dobro is "Serves You Right to Suffer." Work that one in for me, would ya? I would be eternally grateful.

Ron
        Ron, thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll look into it 100%. If the song doesn't have a bunch of minor chords in it, I'll do it.

This afternoon, Unit offered up an old jazz song she liked fom Louie Jordan, and BB King even did it too, - "Is You Is or Is you Ain't My Baby." I love that song, but it's got a bunch of minors in it, and I can't get to those in open-E tuning, which I have to use to play slide.

pw

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted
          PW, I have a friend in Chattsworth that plays lead. He plays blues and jazz. I don't know if he has a band but I'm sure he would let you jam with him.
          I need a partner of some kind. If he plays lead (acoustic) and he's better at that than than I am, I'll play rhythm. No problem with that at all. I just need to play.

Where's Chattsworth?

pw

Comment

After offering up Lila and her sweetie without asking her, I guess what I was really trying to say is that I'd love to be in the audience - even if you ARE playing. I LOVE blues too so I'll come listen even if I have to pay the cover and drink overpriced Diet Coke. Let us know the deal. IF the place is smoke free (she's allergic) and you can send her written music ahead of time, I might be able to talk ME into playing fiddle with you. She relies on those little squiggles on paper to play but she's GOOD at it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
              peewee,

I know you like to play original stuff, but one song I love to hear on a dobro is "Serves You Right to Suffer." Work that one in for me, would ya? I would be eternally grateful.

Ron
              Ron, thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll look into it 100%. If the song doesn't have a bunch of minor chords in it, I'll do it.

This afternoon, Unit offered up an old jazz song she liked fom Louie Jordan, and BB King even did it too, - "Is You Is or Is you Ain't My Baby." I love that song, but it's got a bunch of minors in it, and I can't get to those in open-E tuning, which I have to use to play slide.

pw
              Minor chords? Hell... it is a John Lee Hooker song. I don't think he knew any minor chords. LOL!

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Peewee it's a damned shame we don't live closer. I know you don't need a drummer - and that's all I am - but I'd flat out love to see you play.

Lotsa white guys pull off the blues - Eric Clapton comes to mind, Stevie Ray?

I wouldn't hold yourself to one genre at all.

with a dobro and or a 12 string, hell you can do anything. Twist people's perceptions into knots - play the accoustic version of hotel california - then go straight into "iz u iz or iz u aint my baby!" ever seen the tom and jerry 'toon where jerry played that song - freakin HI larious!

love it man, love it - you have a passion for it - you MUST pursue it - else the universe's flux capacitor will be out of phase - we just can't have that.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                  SEE....I told you so!...HA!
                  V
                  V
                  V
                  V

Bamfster, all you need is a window to the left of the fireplace, and the dog could look out. I really like the couch. Do you have the massage feature plugged in? It's pretty cool, you don't even have to put quarters in it.....

pw
                  We burned that feature up years ago!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Guys, thank every one of you for your comments and support. For real.

And as far as what I endeavor to do, I'm using the only tools that I have. I'm here in Tennesee and the great friend and acoustic rhythm guitarist that was with me in SC, well, he's 350 miles away and swings shifts. When we moved here, the music stopped.

And I have an open mind, not about the music I want to play, but about the physical format. Before Chuck and I went out as an acoustic duo, a few years before that, I was the front man for an electric 3-piece. Up to that point, THAT was the most fun I'd ever had playing out. But the drummer and the bass player were on drugs, the bass player ran off with the drummer's wife, and the whle thing fell to shit after about 4 gigs.

Musicians. Hmmmmph. Crazy folks, musicians. I want players. A HUGE difference in character. Or, maybe I'm the only player on earth, I dunno. I'm not a musician. I only play. For me, there's a divide - "musicians" argue about every detail about every note in song in intricate detail as though it was life or death but they can't seem to keep their own lives in order at all, let alone show up to practice on a regular basis.

I'm serious about this effort. I'll be playing out somewhere in some months or sooner. I'm tired of NOT doing it.

And seriously and for real, thanks for all the support ahead of time. It means everything to me. It's gonna be scary to start with after the years, playing out, but after the first 20 seconds, it'll be like riding a bike. And I used to do a whole lot of that, too.

Thanks guys.

Comment

peewee,

Ron

pw
                      Minor chords? Hell... it is a John Lee Hooker song. I don't think he knew any minor chords. LOL!

Ron
                      Ron, I checked it out, the John Lee Hooker version. I'll have to study on that one. But if at all I can ever do it, I will surely do it in your honor. Because it's you.

Didn't Johnny Winter cover that song one time with a bit more energy? It's.........I'll bet you a hamburger I can't play that slow. I play everything too fast already. Especially in front of people. MOST especially in front of people. It's a rookie trait I never grew out of.

But since that's the second request I've ever gotten, I'll take it seriously and see what if anything I can do with it. Nice request, by the way. The first request ever was, "FREEBIRD G-dammit!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X