Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever not stopped for a speeding ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever not stopped for a speeding ticket?

Summer of '66
    Coming home from drive-in in my buddy's '66 Charger... he goes to pass a '65 Vette.
    We know the dude and the highway is flat for quite awhile.
    Many a race had taken place on this stretch of road out side of town.
    We're neck and neck......no give on either end.
    At one point I look at the speedo and we were doing about 120.

All of a sudden a set of headlights come over the hill.......naturally in our lane.
    I always remember what I was thinking.. what's it's going to feel like being in a head on
    collision.
    I tried in vain to get my seatbelt on but was too nervous watching those oncomng headlights.
    At the last minute we leave the road.....probably looked like the Dukes of Hazard.

We plow through a local nursery.......frigging plants and shrubs flying all over the place.
    We ended back on the highway....the inertia forced us into a 180 and ended up in the oncoming traffice lane....again.
    My buddy gets the car straightened up and take the back roads home.
    I remember him pulling over to the side of the road....he was too nervous to drive and the
    front end was all screwed up. My hand prints were all over the dash pad.

Next night we were doing a little cruising before going home early and a state trooper pulls us
    over in town.
    We're thinking what the hell is this all about...state trooper in town?
    Well the trooper comes up to our car and says....'just wanted to tell you kids how lucky you are'
    'those head lights you saw last night were mine.......I don't know where the hell you disappeared so fast and that damn Corvette got away too'......'better slow it down'
    Good thing he didn't check the car......probably would've found some evidence.......evergreens and junipers ;D

Comment

Yeah,its not easy to be young today >.15 years ago i had a yellow 75 El camino,and i was fearless for the speed and danger(still am,but wiser)and one night i had been visiting a friend outside town,i got onto the main way and got to the gas and headed for town.There was ONE car behind me and i guessed it wasnt a cop ;D...

It was a cop.He had been following some big transport truck so now he was heading home......he told afterwards ;D :.

Its a long straight along the fjord and i had about 90 miles in a 50 miles zone,so when i saw the blue lights i swung over...

He was mad as a turk,and it was the second time in just some months that i had been stopped by him :

He was and is interested in cars,so i had a little advantage and i tried to talk a little friendly,and it worked ;D.no ticket and i havent been stopped more by him(wiser you now).

But the thing i remember good is the conversation that we had when we stood ther...i told him that it wasnt dangerous to have some gas in the middle of the night...and he told me....there is no law that says you can drive faster in the night ;D

Comment

no but as df said be nice
        last time i got pulled over was for street raceing and the cop asked me the questions and i said yes sir no sir ok sir etc,,, said to stop driving stupid and do it were people will not see him let me go lol nice guy
        let me go and i bitched out my buddys for boxing me in when thay ran and i got cought lol

Comment

Yup, twice in my 5.0L Mustang, once in my T-Bird SC. If they have to turn around, or start off from a dead stop, you have a chance. Both of my cars had good suspension and tires, and I was in an a familiar area. You have to control your adrenilin, and get off the road you were seen on before the radio gets you.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

haha, T-bird SC!! My brother tried to run in his, he said he was wide open for about 2 miles and ramped the car, shattered the aluminum oil pan going into a 90* corner and spun out. he hit a green telephone box about 300 feet past the turn backwards about 6 or 7 years ago. It's still leaning sideways to this day. he had a good bit of community service for that one. I eventually put that motor in a 5.0 stang, here's a video of it
            note how the camera man never flinches (my bro)

[url=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Supercharged-38-Mustang-powerslide-Camaro-burnou_2650.htm]Supercharged 3.8 Mustang powerslide

Comment

I rigged up a seperate switch in my first car to kill tail lights and liscence plate lights and I got the chance to use it one time . Got Away ! 17 yrs young and dumb.

Comment

Forgot to mention Once my wife came home all nervous and shaky and said that some guy wanted around her when she was driving the 67 chevelle.
                She was not about to let that happen and as they both topped the rise there was a local cop coming toward them and she quick nailed the brakes and dove in a farmers lane and parked behind the barn and she could see the officers flashers heading down the road and waited a little while before continuing on home . To this day, I still have no idea how he missed her or didnt see where she got to so quick .

Comment

Bone stock 318 Scamp coming home from work. Passed a whole line of cars and saw a nice officer on a KZ1000 going the other way. I was anticipating a 55mph, was actually in the 45, and was doing about 75. Luckily, I knew the road, knew there was a long line of folks behind me, and stayed in it, 'it' being the 75 or so, until I got a gravel road that t'd off into some trees. Pulled in and pretended to check my engine, amazing the crap you think will bail you out when you're 17, and had a nice shakey Marlboro. When I pulled back out on the main road, he'd decided to turn around and come back into town. Evidently on another call. Pulled right up behind me, I even motioned to see if he wanted me to pull over. He passed me, waved, and went on. Nice guy. I've had a soft spot for KZ1000's ever since.

Comment

I'm sorry. those records are permanantly sealed.

Comment

Sam,

I admire your honesty for signaling to the officer to ask if he wanted you to pull over. That cracks me up. I image it did the same for him and he probably figured you had gotten the message.

I've never had the guts to take off on a police officer...slave to authority I guess. I even managed to get into a street race with an unmarked car on the highway back in 1998 while a senior in high school. The car was a then brand new Camaro SS. Dark tint, black paint, and little did I know, wig wags waiting at the flip of a switch.

That sucked.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was speeding (not sure how fast) and passed a patrol car going the opposite direction on an interstate loop around Topeka, Kansas. I looked back and saw brake lights. I continued on as I was slowing, trying to see if he was turning around or not. As I crested the next hill, another cop had pulled over to the shoulder of an overpass and was seemingly waiting for me to pass him. I took the off ramp just before that bridge and very quickly made my way to my parents house, put the car in thier garage where it sat for two weeks. As luck would have it I was leaving for vacation the next morning.

I never actually saw red lights or heard sirens, so technically...............Anyway I would have stopped if I was sure they were chasing me, and they may not have put any further effort into it.

Comment

TRUE STORY I ALMOST GOT A DUI ON A BICYCLE WHEN I WAS STATIONED AT MCAS YUMA AZ. TRUE STORY-HONEST.

Comment

Originally posted by drayr
                            TRUE STORY I ALMOST GOT A DUI ON A BICYCLE WHEN I WAS STATIONED AT MCAS YUMA AZ. TRUE STORY-HONEST.
                            My Dad showed me the ticket of a DUI he got in the early 80's without a vehicle! He was walking a picket line on strike (he was/is a fleet mechanic) and drinking beer and a friend showed up with a problem with his car. While he was looking under the hood a cop pulls up and gives him a DUI! The other guy I think got one too, but my Dad's had no car or anything written on the ticket. Back then is wasn't much of a big deal I guess, so he said he just paid it.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yup you can get a dui on a bicycle and believe it or not here in Ca you can also get arrested for being dui on a horse. Gidde up!
                              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Wayyy back when.... I'd been out of high school about a year and had a '69 Roadrunner. 383 4spd ram air, dropped in a MP cam, 2x4 barrels, headers and blew the rear end. I was short of money so I scrounged up a set of 2.76 gears from my father. It would run up to 105 in second gear, (real tall set of tires). One night coming home from the bar I was running about 70 in a 30 when a highway patrol comes off a side street and hit his lights. I down shifted and nailed it, and the race was on. A '69 Roadrunner gets real light in the front at speeds above 120 but I kept my foot in it until the lights started to recead. I drove 16 miles like that got home and stayed out of that town for a few weeks.
                                In '81 I bought a '77 fury Police package car at auction. Of course I had to 'improve things' a bit. I ran that one up past 140 on the needle once but was never chased in it. The funny thing was the whole time I owned it I never got a ticket in it, the cops just waved.
                                what can I say, I was young and dumb, now a days I pull over almost before they can hit the lights. On a side note of all the cops I know or have known, I've only met 1 bad one. They're just a bunch of guys trying to do their job like the rest of us. Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X