Best deals ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best deals ever

Okay, so we're all about "real" prices.... yet we all know of someone who knew someone who got the 53 Corvette for 500.00....

So how about REAL deals you've gotten? multiple posts ARE encouraged.

I bought a Holley ProJection about 10 years ago at a swap meet for $100.00..... guy who sold it was pretty upset that it was Sunday and his buddy (who owned the projection) still hadn't come back to let him shop or even tell him the price (I stopped by twice)..... I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain his buddy got back about 20 minutes after the sale because I heard a great deal of yelling ;D
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Best deals ever

I gave away my pro jection 4

30 miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy

I bought a Holley ProJection about 10 years ago at a swap meet for $100.00..... guy who sold it was pretty upset that it was Sunday and his buddy (who owned the projection) still hadn't come back to let him shop or even tell him the price (I stopped by twice)..... I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain his buddy got back about 20 minutes after the sale because I heard a great deal of yelling ;D
      I'da done the same thing.
      My story....a beautiful 63 Bonneville 4-gear car was offered to me about 3 yrs ago for $15K. I didn't want to pay that. The guy mentioned he'd just spent $5K rebuilding the motor. But, the lifters weren't getting oil, so he wasn't ready to sell anyway at that time. After a YEAR at the shop, not getting fixed, the shop called and told him to get his car as they're going out of business (no surprise there). So, the guy calls me, says he inherited the car, and if I gave him the $5K he'd spent on the motor I can have the car. I drove an hour and the car was just stunning....and a FOUR GEAR! I bought it, fixed it in about an hour (Pontiac guys probly know what was wrong), and had a bitchen car for cheap
      STUGOTS

Comment

Way too long a story here. I got under 12 in this. It's got a Brodix headed 406/4-speed

STUGOTS

Comment

Damn, groucho, that's going to be my new screen saver.

Comment

I got a front bumper for my Charger that was in pretty good condition at Chryslers at Carlisle for $10 this past summer. Mine has a dent in it, so I asked. I figured $100, was ready to pay $50 or so, didn't really need it and it won't go on for a few years anyway, but the said $10. Hell Yeah, I'll take it. Had to duct tape the trunk lid down on my dad's Cirrus, but it was too good to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
              Damn, groucho, that's going to be my new screen saver.
              Yea - that F'er is sweet
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

i bought a 4wd 1999 gmc sierra with a 4.8 v8 for $700

i bought a 1985 chevy scottsdale lifted with a newly rebuilt 350 and 35's on it for $550

those are probably the best deals ive ever gotten, but $1400 for my 89 mustang lx is a pretty good deal too i think

Comment

Heck, I'm still hoping to find my "Best Deal" yet, I buy high and sell low!

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

but you'll make it back in volume :D
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

Me too,I even screw myself on my own deals.....

Comment

me too

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                          Way too long a story here. I got under 12 in this. It's got a Brodix headed 406/4-speed

Grouch, that Vette is my favorite from your collection.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I have a few killer scores...

1969 Road Runner 383-4 speed(barn find in 1986) $250.00
                            1971 Dodge Demon (1997) $400.00
                            1962 Valiant Signet 200 2-door hard top (aluminum slant 6) in 1994 FREE!!!
                            1962 Valiant Signet 200 parts car $100
                            NOS Powershot with full bottle and all switches $100
                            1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham with forged crank 440, $250 (the nitrous system went on this for oodles of Camaro-killing fun)
                            Genuine, factory lift-off fiberglas 6BBL hood for my Road Runner (albeit a bit rough) $25

Yeah... I got a few decent deals! LOL

Ron
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

THANKS guys!
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X