Clear All

Re: 2nd Shop Gathering

Sweet!!!

Have fun, dude!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I just found this thread. ??? This looks real doable for me too. It sounds like a great opportunity. It's about 3 hours for me. This Sunday, I don't think I have any commitments. : : :
      Living the dream!

Comment

Cool Buddy
        Looks like no rain so Dean the Newport will make the trip. I don't mind driving in the rain, I just don't like all the road salt it stirs up.

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

What do i work on? Theres pics at www.clarkecountyspeed.com
          I built drag race cars and have now switched - mostly - to traditional hot rods. My shop is small, i get about 4 cars in there and still able to work easily.
          I had help but ran out of work in november - well, had work but the customers ran out of money. Right now i have a '28 tudor tradtional on the frame jig; a '36 chev pickup in the assembly bay; a 66 chevelle SS finishing up a 6 speed installation; my drag nova taking space; and a couple other projects in parts and pieces and a lot of junk corners. This is a real shop with dirt and stuff layin around, lots of tools and equipment to play with. Zeke Justice came in here and looked around, nodded, and said 'this is a comfortable shop, i could work here' finest compliment i have ever received.
          Anyway, thats me and you guys are welcome anytime.
          A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Sweet looking forward to it. I spotted a Kaiser Darrin and some really cool front engine dragsters in the shop pics.

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Alarm set, heading out in the morning. ;D

I will try to get pics if it won't disturb anyone, this sounds cool. 8)
              Living the dream!

Comment

best of luck

Comment

Damn. I'd love to go to this, but I have other commitments tomorrow. Hopefully you'll have something like this again. I love learning this kind of stuff.

Comment

I made it! OK asks, if you haven't left yet and are planning to attend, to bring a lawnchair. He is expecting a good crowd. :o
                    Living the dream!

Comment

Ok where to start we met a lot of really great people. Tom Mancuso was one of those guys that I could listen to for years on end. He gave the demo on lead. Pretty cool stuff. I have to admit to trying it out on my lunch break at work today. Photos of the disastrous results to come. Robert McCartney was the metal man. He was playing with ways to shape with lo dollar tools and alternatives to big money machines. It is pretty amazing what he can do with a torch, a pair of vice grips, and a hammer. Oj the shop owner has some cool ass digs. There is neat stuff in every nook and cranny.

Some of the cool iron that showed.

Tom tinning the mock hood seem.

Applying the lead and spooning it out.

lead prior to filing.

The semi finished lead. He makes it look a hole lot easier than it is.

Next up Robert.

Heat shrinking.

Some stump tech.

I took a bunch more pictures that will get posted in the am.

Steve

Comment

It was one of those things that just happen. Tom and Robert could have made a definative DVD and i would buy it. The presentation was that good. I give credit to an attentive crowd who appreciated watching a couple masters at tier craft. One thing i took pleasure in was that it didn't become a bunch of greybeards talking about the 'good old days' there were many young'uns in the crowd that had a sincere interest in metalshaping and they asked most of the questions.
                        I had a ball. I think i am the only one that didn't take pics - too stupid i guess - hopefully more will be posted. oj

One more very important note of interest, if any of you are having a event etc you gotta invite RightPedal - Steve- he just makes a killer brownie. In every compliment i have rcieved the brownies are mentioned. I ate at least three myself and was too late for a fourth. I am an expert on brownies and i rated them highly.
                        A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

OJ,

Looks like a great time was had by all. Please let us know when your next one is going to be. Email me and we'll see if we can help you out in any way.

Chad

[email protected]
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Thanks again OJ for the invite. Great time had by all. As said earlier, a diversified crowd, not only by age but also interests. There were drag racers, round track, street rodders, hot rodders, and cruisers. For me, it was a different atmosphere, areas of our sport that I take for granted. Sure I can bolt and unbolt stuff together and apart, make a bracket, tune and diagnose a problem. But these guys can invision an end product and fabricate it all themselves. I really dig that. Things wound down by 5, but I was still there at 7 because the discussion went on to a Winters round track rear end for a street project. :
                            I need to upload my pics to share, Steve posted up a few good ones already. :o I hear they have another one planed for next month too, something about setting up a 9" Ford rear end and a couple other subjects also.

Check out the metal man Robert McCartney's thread on reworking a '55 tailgate. :o Truly awesome :o

http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=2154
                            Living the dream!

Comment

I haven't had much time to hang on a computer lately, work and all. I wish I could have stuck around but poor planning screwed me. I really wanted a demo on tig for sheetmetal.

Robert has some amazing talents. I was lead to his posts by milkovich a month ago. I saw his work and explanations and all the hodge podge of info in my head finally clicked. It was a big ah ha moment for me. I emailed links to his posts to a whole bunch of friends. I had no idea the guy giving the demo and the guy in the web links was the same person until about half way through the demo. I should have figured it out sooner but I am a bit of a dope.

Most of the stickys are his MP$C. They are absolute crack, you will be there for 1/2 a day. On the up side you will be smarter and in my case more dangerous.

I like old shops for the little things. Oj's place is full of little things.

Cobbler bucks for a shaping tool. One of which will be a gas pedal in his street rod.

Home made shaping hammers.

I don't have the story on the old guy in the picture. It was like he was watching the whole operation. I don't know why it just gave a cool vibe.

How much hardware can you name?

Home made bead roller.

Flat heads strewn about the place.

Hopefully Oj will give some back ground on this. He told me what it was but I was on over load and can't remember. The pictures of him loading the cab on a roll back are priceless.

I wish I had gotten more detail pictures but Tom distracted me. Oj is holding another one, so more pictures then.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X