Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Followed a lead on a VW 3 miles from me, found a sports car to boot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, its definitely a "B" and very saveable. Not for the faint of heart though.

Its gonna need more than a wash and buff, for sure. Floors in the toe scuttle area, front fenders, missing gas tank are the ones that immediately jump out.

We're working on it in BangShift style......it won't go to waste if at all possible. Unless the owners think they have gold - then it will rot in peace.

If the executor makes good on the bug title, then pursuit of the MGB starts in earnest! Both titles are in an estate.

Edit: Google can't find that old thread of Dans' either....bummer...
    Last edited by STINEY; April 23, 2012, 06:20 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I had those pics digitized but I seem to have lost them when I got the new computer. The disc HAS to be around here somewhere - I'll look for it. The Ex made a little scrapbook with the B in it along with a few other cars we had - the disc may be stuck in there. I'll post 'em if I got 'em.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        The front fenders show the typical rust pattern but are available from Moss Motors in both steel and fiberglass (or at least they were). The steel ones were pretty nice - I had a set on my B. That car seems to be a "B", meaning it's a 4 banger. The inline 6 (MGC) and Rover (Buick) V8 (MGD - rare) cars have a bump in the front of the hood for engine clearance. I know WAY more about those than I should - many moons ago I posted pics of the one I brought back from the dead Todd-style. If anyone knows how to search pre-site upgrade threads it should be findable. I love being an idiot!

Most BGTs have the Laycock overdrive (not sure on that year) which is a super setup if it's working and is almost impossible to get the springs back in if you disassemble it. Look for a switch on the shift lever. That will have the 5 main engine although my 3 main worked great. Chances are 50/50 that the Unibody (Pressteel, LTD) will be rotted out near the rear kickup over the rear axle. Not hard to fix with some bent hat section. A VW Beatle battery can be installed above the passenger's footwell and allows you to get rid of the dual batteries in the back, which are a PITA.

Any other tips needed? I KNOW one of you guys is gonna save that from the crusher!

Dan
        Very good information, thanks Dan. I may be picking your brains a little more if things go correctly with this one!
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Happy to share. It was a great little car. I sold it too cheap as I wanted the money to do the next project - ain't that always the case?

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X