Dont you hate it when..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont you hate it when..

You order some fitting to finish a multi years long project and find out the 3/4 of what you ordered is the wrong friggin size!?!? Seriously, only the 45 degree swivel 6an to 6an is the right size. And the Allstar performance fuel long, which I must say is actually a nice piece for being fairly cheap, fit correctly. The 3/8 npt to 6an 90 degree fitting and the 1/4 npt and 3/8 npt to 6an 45 degree fittings are wrong. I need friggin 5/8npt and 1/8npt instead!!!!!

On top of that, when I wired 12v switched to my fuel pump relay the main power fuse blew and now I don't have power to my car at all!!!!
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Re: Dont you hate it when..

Sounds like your night was worse than mine.

I got the wifes car up in the air to replace front brakes - which I already had parts for.

Changed the oil filter, pulled all four wheels.... WTF? Fronts are fine - REAR brake pads are shot.

DAMIT!

Don't have another car - so - wheels went back on, oil went in - off to the store for rear pads, and start all over again.

It's done, one more thing off the list between life, and getting the ranger mission capable for the summer!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Order parts, get wrong ones..... yep, that sounds about right. Wish Boeing surplus still existed

John, you only have two cars? now that's shocking :o :o
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

no - we only have two daily drivers - then the truck, then the ranger, the 54, and the 69. ;D
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

hmmm... need 4 fords for 2 daily drivers - now that's math even a caveman ford owner can do ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
            You order some fitting to finish a multi years long project and find out the 3/4 of what you ordered is the wrong friggin size!?!? Seriously, only the 45 degree swivel 6an to 6an is the right size. And the Allstar performance fuel long, which I must say is actually a nice piece for being fairly cheap, fit correctly. The 3/8 npt to 6an 90 degree fitting and the 1/4 npt and 3/8 npt to 6an 45 degree fittings are wrong. I need friggin 5/8npt and 1/8npt instead!!!!!

On top of that, when I wired 12v switched to my fuel pump relay the main power fuse blew and now I don't have power to my car at all!!!!
            Of course if anyone is in this situation they will surely hate it.
            You are paying for some services then you get only that? Really irritating.

bar stools

Comment

haha been there..
              good luck

Comment

Well it's my own damn fault, I just assumed what the npt sizes I needed were and I was wrong. Now I'm measuring and ordering again.

I'm terrible at electrical work and this car is a friggin mess. Thought I wired 12v switched into the fuel pump relay but I must have grabbed something I shouldn't have. I have a buddy coming over next week to help me out. Then maybe I can actually fire this damn thing up. Need all the gremlins worked out by August so I can take it, ugly and all....but running...to my 10 year reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                  hmmm... need 4 fords for 2 daily drivers - now that's math even a caveman ford owner can do ;D
                  :D :D

Try spending three hours online and the phone trying to track down a set of brake drums for a '80 Buick Regal (that's what the stamping on the axle said it was anyway), getting them home and when you go to put them on, find out you got the right ones for the rear end type, but someone either ordered a special rear or changed out the back plate, brakes and all the hardware from something you have no idea what was. Anyone know what has a 10 bolt gm rear with axle retainers instead of c-clips and 11" by 2" brakes with a 5 on 4 3/4" bc? One of the drums had the Buick emblem cast into it so I know it was stock on something out there. Or even better, a cheap disc conversion? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55
                    Originally posted by Buickguy
                    :D :D

Try spending three hours online and the phone trying to track down a set of brake drums for a '80 Buick Regal (that's what the stamping on the axle said it was anyway), getting them home and when you go to put them on, find out you got the right ones for the rear end type, but someone either ordered a special rear or changed out the back plate, brakes and all the hardware from something you have no idea what was. Anyone know what has a 10 bolt gm rear with axle retainers instead of c-clips and 11" by 2" brakes with a 5 on 4 3/4" bc? One of the drums had the Buick emblem cast into it so I know it was stock on something out there. Or even better, a cheap disc conversion? ;D

only one I know that is like this is the 10 bolt rears they put in Buicks pre-71. I had an axle like that when I bought the car.... why it would be on a 80s Regal is beyond me.... would they even bolt up?

cheap disk conversion - it's the only reason camaros are useful - to steal their disk brakes ;D

Comment

No, no, no silly. That's why Firebirds are useful. They had the rear disc brakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X