Hardware/Software Techno Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware/Software Techno Victory

I know I carry on about how old I am. I'm 53, but the reason I carry on so much about it is, I'm a whole lot older than that. I have never had an MP3 player in my hand. I'm assuming that is like an 8-track player, but downsized. I guess.

I'm embarrassed about it all, how far behind we are at our household as far as modern technology is concerned. Let alone the streaming media. The stars of today, I have no idea who they are, never heard of them when they show up on the TV or on the computer. No idea. This world is now built for and about young people, it seems.

Just on a whim to decide to waste some money, (and because my sidekick at work embarrased me, yet again), I went and got one of those tiny camcorders, a Blogger from Sony. Not an endorsement, but that's what I got.

I'm sure the technology is rampant in that regard, but this little SOB makes movies in HD. Day-um. An eye opener.

So, to keep from typing until the timer runs out, it's been three days with me hooking up wires and downloading software and I finally figured out how to put the home-shot movies on a DVD disc. Wow, that was hard. I high-fived myself this afternoon - VICTORY!

All that means is that I have to set the one man band up like I was playing a show for nobody and record it, just for fun.

Okay, that's the end of the story. Wow - I DID it! I defeated the evil technology monster. But it was hard.
    Last edited by pdub; May 10, 2011, 03:56 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Bravo!
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
      Bravo!
      Thanks for the Bravo, it really was a huge accomplishment for me. WOW! Maybe tomorrow I'll learn how to turn on the lamp beside the bed. But it'll take some hours, I'm sure. Those newfangled lamps, they sure are complicated...

pdub
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think you just clap
        ~gail
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

You have to touch ours - gently. Good for you, PW - maybe next it'll be the toaster.

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X