Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 ZO6 Vette...WTH is it "supposed" to have for smog in Calif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ZO6 Vette...WTH is it "supposed" to have for smog in Calif?

I just ended up with a wicked Quicksilver ZO6 Vette....lowered....chromed wheels.....some gonzo expensive tires....full Borla stainless exhaust front to back(headers too!)...not sure if there are even mufflers on it as you can hear me rowing gears almost 1.5 miles away. Dyno sheet says 527 hp at the rear wheels....has an ungodly cam....huge mass air....wicked sticky clutch....this thing will break em lose at 50 mph easily.....AWESOME ROCKET......but when I took it to the Calif smog man he laughed for 10 minutes straight....No cats....no air pump...MISSING.....failed OBD self tests(WTF is that?)...smog results look like this

15 mph test.... HC 55 max....meas 264 ....CO% .5 max.... .94 meas
    25 mph test ... HC 39 max ....meas 93 .....CO% .48 max .... .90 meas

Anyone want to trade for stock Calif approved crap?.......
    Attached Files
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

I'll trade you for a 2004 Super Duty. Should pass with flying colors...
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
      I'll trade you for a 2004 Super Duty. Should pass with flying colors...
      No...I meant Corvette SMOG EQUIPMENT..LOL.....I've got a 2000 PS/6spd F350 CC Dually already....LOL

Comment

give it back

Comment

probably has one of them googley tunes in it too

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            probably has one of them googley tunes in it too
            LMFAO - thats a keeper
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

just try cats first
              see what happens.

ignore the babbling jackass..just go for their numbers.

there are alot of high end cats, and they are cheaper than replacing what would come on it. (oem tries to be unique)

I like cats when they are good.
              the rest of emissions is crazy..

ha sit got fuel vent recirc emissions? that is a good side of emissions too. (I like that stuff, it does alot for power and clean..and I have not yet called it emissions).
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

if the post cat o2 sensor read the same as pre cat o2 sensor , fails right there

Comment

just make it read numbers mean nothing. it will still fail visual with a out the electice smog pump. most likely the EGR is gone too

you would be better off just getting a diffrent car then ever getting that one to pass. unless you knwo how to tune the car your self
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

517 at the wheels? is it still a 5.7 or has it been stroked?
                    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

probably cheaper to buy some land in Montana and register it there.... it only leaves the garage for track days
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You're going to need to have every aftermarket part have a CARB E.O. # on it. Otherwise, swap for a CARB approved part or the stock part. I'd guess that "ungodly" cam will be difficult if not impossible to tune around to get it to pass smog.

It would be cheaper and a lot less headache to offer him $500 cash. You'll still have to deal with a LEO checking for CARB E.O. #'s if you get pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by just_james View Post
                          You're going to need to have every aftermarket part have a CARB E.O. # on it. Otherwise, swap for a CARB approved part or the stock part. I'd guess that "ungodly" cam will be difficult if not impossible to tune around to get it to pass smog.

It would be cheaper and a lot less headache to offer him $500 cash. You'll still have to deal with a LEO checking for CARB E.O. #'s if you get pulled over.
                          Ya....thats the direction I'm heading in..... I got the car for a song.... Even if I have to pull and redo the motor.....buy all the OEM stuff..... I'm STILL way ahead on the value of the car.
                          Option 2 is to part it out and put it all in a 69 Camaro I just picked up.

Comment

corvette junkyard

The area's largest used parts and accessories salvage yard for Corvettes and late model Chevy Camaros, GTOs, Impala SS, Trailblazer SS, Pontiac Firebirds, and Cadillac CTS-V.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                              Thank you sir....

ON A SIDE NOTE..... I'm not a Vette guy....but the corner of the head says LS6...I thought the 01's were LS1s....correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X