Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and you thought you were having a bad day ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and you thought you were having a bad day ?

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Prime example of why the tow vehicle needs to weigh more than the load?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Now if he woulda been towing with one of these that never woulda happened :cD

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        Prime example of why the tow vehicle needs to weigh more than the load?
        Exactly. Maybe shouldn't have been going so fast also.

Pretty cool dually in the other video.

Comment

The high center of gravity didn't help much either.
          Some of my best drinking storys are about towing to the races and not the actual race itself.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Thats why I pull with a GMC 2500 Duramax, gotta have some guts, not nuts.
            When life hands you lemons, go get a ice cream cone!

Comment

A very high center of gravity, no trailer brakes, and too small towing vehicle did that. The Uhaul trailer I pulled my GTO from Charleston SC to where I live now was too high, but it had brakes and I was pulling it with a truck that weighed 15k. Going down hills it would sway around like that, so I would ride the brakes and hold the gas to the floor so the truck wouldnt slow down as much as the trailer. It seems people dont think about how high is too high when they build a trailer. The freakin rocker panels on the trailered car are higher than the window sills on the tow vehicle. I have seen better designs built with trailer house axles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
                Right there with ya, my brotha.......

Comment

not enough tongue weight.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

If the idiot would have tapped the Brake Actuator early on that would have brought things back under control quickly, that is providing the trailer even had brakes!
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

one more reason I love my trailer, it's heavy huge and ugly -but it won't do that unless I get really really stupid with a load.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Negative tongue weight sucks. Or rolls, apparently.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
                          +1

warmth of summer can really alter previous impressions of the same machine.
                          even the rig is different..one more bounce of the 48 foot rails than the winter one, over the same terrain.

manufactures do not help this subject, making smaller machines seem bigger.

my 80s japanese car with the 2800 pound fairy tale number seemed to be the dawn of such crime.(If it weighs 1500 in actual steel I'd still be in disbelief it was that "heavy")

go duramax...or any v8 four stroke diesel, glad they are coming around.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

And to think I wasn't comfortable towing that much weight with an F150, and stepped up to a Super Duty instead. And he's towing it with a compact car...
                            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

One of my minor storys was watching a wheel pass me up doing 70....And feeling my heart sink....I had to put my front bumper on the back of a semi truck once coming down a mountain while my trailer was on fire...I lost another wheel once in Brainard...there was a titty bar involved too, I think I'll save that one for my book once all partys involved are dead, LOL!
                              I'm involved in a lawsuit right now over another deal (no one died) but hookers are involved....Ahhh, living the dream!
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X