Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad is on the road! Follow along via GPS, Video, and Facebook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad is on the road! Follow along via GPS, Video, and Facebook!

Check out the blog item in the link below.

We are going to be driving from Newburgh Indiana to Columbus Ohio on Thursday for the Goodguys show and need some places to stop, stuff to do, and maybe even a car to ride in. Can you guys help me out? We want to capture it all on video and put together some CarJunkie TV style content for you guys. Want to be a part of the fun?

Suggest stops, shops, food, and more here. Need a co-pilot? Want to come hang out with us at the Goodguys show? Let us know here or in the comments section of the blog.

Attached is our map. The blue shows a rough area that we could hit on our way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BangShiftChad; July 7, 2011, 12:57 PM.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Modular depot is now in Florence ky. they always have something cool going on. Also the Quaker steak I hear is gonna be hopping on polaris at 71.
    Last edited by Buckeye; July 4, 2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Also I with my crew will be at good guys and out at night as well

Comment

Will ya wave at me as ya drive by my house?... I've been droolin' at the thought of going to Goodguys this year, and yesterday a big 'ole hole opened up in my passenger side header from rust......I got 16 yrs of daily use from that ONE set of coated headers. Thankyou Hedman. If I can make it there It will be on Sat. I wanna see the Autocross Sunday though... so I may be sleepin' in the car......

As you come north on 71 out of Cincy look for the tallest bridge in ohio... you'll drive over it. Thursday night is Test and Tune at Kil-Kare speedway in Xenia it's kinda a kool place. Small Hometown kinda track. I used to work with a really nice lady named Linda who was family in some way there.... but if ya stop in.. say hi. call 'em, maybe they know some cars that might want their pics taken....they would freek the f@3& out.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I can't help...

if you don't gorge yourself at a White Castle and film the ensuing gas cloud in the car .... you're a Nancy.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I hope to come out Saturday with my two boys- maybe we'll see you around. My only sugestion is to stop in Willimgton off 71 and scout the Maxton replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by 88pony View Post
              I hope to come out Saturday with my two boys- maybe we'll see you around. My only sugestion is to stop in Willimgton off 71 and scout the Maxton replacement.
              Its real close. like 5 miles close. but its just an airport unless your gonna get to "talk" wit someone. i have ball bats.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Welcome to Newburgh, I enjoyed the firework show tonight myself. Eat a stromboli from Pizza King before you leave town. The coldest beer in Newburgh (or so they say) is at the Knob Hill Tavern. Any big plans the next two days before leaving the burg? AFCO and PRC radiator are 10 miles up the road in Boonville and on the way to the interstate.
                Last edited by 91CCFirebird; July 5, 2011, 06:13 AM.
                Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

I already ate at Pizza King and will be eating the second half of my stromboli for lunch today. Newburgh is way cool actually. The Route 2 Media crew is based out of here and we are having fun. We're going to head down to the Lucas Oil Center sometime today and go play and then leave town on Thursday morning. We're already planning a visit to BangShift sponsors AFCO and Ridetech along the trip if everything works out right.

I really dig the idea of going to the dragstrip since I love drag racing. Anybody know anyone with a car there I can make a couple passes in?

Keep you suggestions coming. Plus, if anyone is going to Columbus and lives along the way I would love to ride along for a bit. Keep the info, suggestions, and ideas coming.

Comment

Hanging out with Chad for a couple of days would be an adventure within itself and I'd be up for it if I had the "Purple I" car done and back from the Body Shop, Yeah and who knows, I might even be crazy enough to put him behind the wheel at National Trail, maybe start him off with the Duramax and let him work his way up, LOL!
                    Last edited by Grumpy; July 5, 2011, 08:32 AM.
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Smart ass. LOL

I'm all over a ride in Purple 1. I need to get my NHRA license renewed anyway!

Comment

We know how to show a guy a good time:

Comment

The only thing that I see missing is a Ski! Good call on the grippos!

Everyone should drink something that has this warning on the label:
                          It is normal for a small amount of sediment to be found due to the presence of orange and lemon juices
                          Last edited by 91CCFirebird; July 5, 2011, 11:51 AM.
                          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                            Check out the blog item in the link below.

We are going to be driving from Newburgh Indiana to Columbus Ohio on Thursday for the Goodguys show and need some places to stop, stuff to do, and maybe even a car to ride in. Can you guys help me out? We want to capture it all on video and put together some CarJunkie TV style content for you guys. Want to be a part of the fun?

Suggest stops, shops, food, and more here. Need a co-pilot? Want to come hang out with us at the Goodguys show? Let us know here or in the comments section of the blog.

Attached is our map. The blue shows a rough area that we could hit on our way.
                            Hey Chad, since the CarJunkieTV.com name is owned by the Chinese now and the site has nothing to do with what you guys are doing, couldn't you guys get the CarJunkie name back and just use a ".net" suffix........

Comment

Originally posted by Route2 View Post
                              We know how to show a guy a good time:

Where are the Strippers??
                              Last edited by TC; July 5, 2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X