2012 Boss 302 -- Is It Worth the Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Boss 302 -- Is It Worth the Money

A friend of mine is interested in purchasing a Ford Boss 302 and had some questions about it. It's a cut and paste from another forum.

This is a limited build car. There are 4,000 being made for 2012 and another 4,000 for 2013. Now 500 are Laguna Secas for each year(2012/2013). That leaves 3,500 for each year and it amounts to 7,000 BOSS 302 cars being made.

Do you all think this car will hold its value and/or appreciate in value if it's taken care of??

I talked to my good friend and he was at the Barrett Jackson and witnessed a 2008Cobra Jet Drag pack sell for its original retail or slightly more a couple of weeks ago out in Orange County California.

So will this car be an investment and fun to have?? Will it be a car that drops half its value as soon as you drive it off the lot?

Comments?
    Last edited by LadyGT; July 5, 2011, 02:34 PM.
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

I think it will take much longer than 3 years for a car to gain value like he seems to be wanting. Now if he wants a unique ride that will turn heads and bring smiles then sure but if he thinks he can buy it and next year double his $ then no

Comment

I don't know, 3500 cars isn't a lot, but when you consider that 3300 per year will probably hardly be driven hardly at all, doesn't sound like there will be a supreme market shortage. Out of the production run, I bet a couple hundred actually get used and driven hard, the rest will live in hermetically sealed garages, only taken out so the owner can sit on a lawn chair and show off that they could afford to cut a big check for a car from the factory.

Then again, maybe people will be dumb enough to drive the value of them up, you never know for sure....

Comment

The purchaser had better be happy with driving and enjoying the use of the car. Given the number of special edition cars that Ford has produced in the last couple of years, and how they continue to improve the new versions and make last years old hat...well I'm not thinking this is investment grade material.
        I'm still learning

Comment

if you can afford a new car ....go for it

Comment

I think it's funny when people use the words "car" and "investment" in the same sentence.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              I think it's funny when people use the words "car" and "investment" in the same sentence.
              You too?
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Investing in cars is a risk like any other investment. If he really wants it because he really wants it, its worth it. If he wants it for it's short term return, Id buy a "known good" investment opportunity (like a real 70 boss 302) for cheap and do the sweat equity thing...Im still waiting for 1974 Jensen Interceptor IIIs ( 1600 or so built) to fetch more than they were purchased for in 1974 (7600.00 in 74 dollars)
                BKB
                www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                Bruce K Bridges

Comment

If he's got the money and wants it, go for it. It's not a whole lot more money then a loaded GT.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

what are those 1984 GT350s going for now ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

Good question. And we have ebay to find the answer. Apparently the owners think they're worth a lot, and the bidders don't.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I can see the comparison to the new Boss.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Funny. I read this totally not thinking about investments. This is BangShift right? The thing will lap laguna seca faster than an Audi R8. It's a $50000 pony car that will outrun a $120000 mid engined sports car, at least at the bottom end.

Comment

audi is disappointing

the Ford GT seemed to keep it's value

Comment

IDK, but I have a buddy that owns one and I'd love to have one too.
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                              X