COMIC-CON starts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMIC-CON starts today

Comic-con has arrived in San Diego! This is bar none the funnest convention we have in this town even if you are not attending it. The fans pretty much ALL dress-up and when they are not at the convention center they are parading around in their outfits...

Our daughter Tricia lives and breathes ANIME. She is not a geeky nerd though. She has a large group of friends that are also really into this Anime stuff. Her group is all dressing up as some sort of Anime characters, they all have Japanese names so I don't have a clue who is supposed to be who.

I somehow managed to get her a 4-day pass to this thing and believe me it was tougher than tough! You could only buy the passes on line so depending on the speed of your internet connection meant if you even got a place in "line" or not. After 2 failed attempts earlier in the year I was able to bust through last month. This morning is the big day! She road downtown to work with me and I put her on the trolley (alone, yikes!) and off she went.

I know this mess is not really car related but I am posting the following picture FIRST so that there is a vehicle in here somewhere...Later in the day I will post more freaks and wierdos for your enjoyment...

Here R2D2 catches a ride in a Tundra, not exactly the Milenium Falcon but you gotta do what you gotta do...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	R2D2truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	877640

~Gail
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

My co worker Tim is heading down there with Ron Perlman. He is so not into any of that stuff. The crusty old Vietnam vet cermudgian. Tomorrow, he will be telling about all weirdos that congregate there.

It is the single best place on earth for people watching.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

So question. If the weirdo's out number the normal's, doesn't that make them the normal group? Meaning you guys become the weirdo's for not dressing up?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I am usually out of place in my suit and tie most places we go. The last time I wandered through Comic Con I saw someone dressed as the Alien from Alien and the Predator get into a fight. It was more a geek slap fest than a fight.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Theres good car content at the comicon if you look hard. I like hanging out with the Hot Wheels guys (big booth usually). Good art for cheap as well!
          BKB
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

[IMG]http://media.nbcsandiego.com/images/654*368/edt_103028829.jpg[/IMG]

follow this link for more! A couple cars in here too

Tricia reports she is haveing a wonderful time! Our news team reports badges for 2012 have already sold out...
            Hard-core Freaks and Wierdos!

Gail
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
              My co worker Tim is heading down there with Ron Perlman. He is so not into any of that stuff. The crusty old Vietnam vet cermudgian. Tomorrow, he will be telling about all weirdos that congregate there.

It is the single best place on earth for people watching.
              LOL!! my wife is crazy about people watching she would love that place, but would drive me nuts, I try to not people watch
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Tricia just reported to me that she is sitting in a gathering with the stars from LOST...
                She and I rented that entire program, all the seasons! We loved it! We had a rule though that neither of us could watch one unless we were both there. It was a very strange and hard to follow series, but we didn't care! We loved it!

My conclusion at the end of the series was that the title rather than referring to whatever the show was about was actually a description of the viewing audience.

Comment

my wifes best friend and her son go every year, they got me a super rare Mater truck from the CARS display a couple years ago, I geeked out on that big time. But yea I do wanna go just to expirence it
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

More freaks today!!!

Name:	images[5].jpg
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	856473

Name:	images[9].jpg
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	856472

Name:	images[3].jpg
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	856471

Name:	images[6].jpg
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	856470

Name:	imagesCAMJEW4R.jpg
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	856469

So fun!

Comment

I took an english actor down yesterday. Saw the entire Furies baseball team and bat boy. On the way home I passed a Xion with Darth Vader and a trio of Storm Troopers. Not sure how well Darth could see driving with his helmet on in the dark.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

he was using the force, DUH !
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I contend that you can dress up how you want, and it's all a of of fun, but no matter how you dress up, you still are who you are on the inside.

But if you dress to express (or impress) then that may BE who you think you are, whether you are or not.

Okay, there I went and confused myself again....
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                          X