Thank God for Midwestern Winters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God for Midwestern Winters!

As the fall weather creeps in I find myself trying to finish up the last of my outdoor house projects. With winter around the corner, I look forward to getting back in the garage and updating, fixing, modifying, and all around wrenching on my Camaro. With age, I've grown to love the 4 seasons here in Michigan. Perhaps one of the major reasons is the "off season" which allows us to work on our cars without missing out on car shows or cruises.

I've always been curious as to how others across the country with good weather year round chose the right time to start a project. Are there still high points to the cruise season with some off months? Or are they carefully spread over all 12 months, to ensure year round cruising?
    Motor City Muscle

We just get to drive our junk all year.... motorcycles too.... Hmm about that Winter thing... LOL

Comment

I have no problem starting projects, the hard part is finishing them, because there's stuff going on all year.

(I thank the inclined axis of the Earth's rotation for the seasons)
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

4 seasons can be fun. having two young sons, it is fun to watch them play in the snow, and i seem to get more done on the inside on the house in the winter. yes parking the cars in the winter sucks, especially in my case where i have to park mine in a unheated garage 25 miles from my house. still, i like the change in the weather, even with shoveling snow late at night in the freezing cold.

Comment

With our first daughter, with surely another 1 or 2 down the road, I look forward to those winters we can spend in the garage with the heater on, working on our latest project. And when that project drags on longer than planned, summers in the garage with the a/c on. lol
          Motor City Muscle

Comment

I dont know how they deal with nice weather all year and no rust/rot and nice warm evenings to go cruise. I promise I will find out one of these days though.

Comment

it would be better if i had a garage. but change is good
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

winter means road salt,, booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

Comment

We're getting close to winter here - supposed to drop into the 20's tonight. It's been pretty nice though recently - decent fall for a change.
                  I also hate the salt and driving in the ice and snow with all the idjits.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

The older I get the more I hate winter. I usually put the cars way for the winter. When does summer really start in Detroit? We were thee for hrpt and it was chilly in June.
                    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I'm a Michigan native who retired to coastal North Carolina. Here's a list of all the things I miss about winter:
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -

That about sums it up.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                        We just get to drive our junk all year.... motorcycles too.... Hmm about that Winter thing... LOL
                        I drive a motorcycle all year Frozen lakes make great race tracks.
                        The key to winter is getting out to enjoy it somehow; Skiing, Snomobile, Ice bike, whatever. And getting the cars and bikes in for the next round of evolution is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                          I drive a motorcycle all year Frozen lakes make great race tracks.
                          The key to winter is getting out to enjoy it somehow; Skiing, Snomobile, Ice bike, whatever. And getting the cars and bikes in for the next round of evolution is good too.
                          DING DING DING - we have a winner - once again Mike has crystalized my thoughts eloquently

I don't pretend to love winter - I don't own snowmobiles because I need another fuel swilling project vehicle like a hole in the head... but - I do enjoy the "downtime" winter brings, a chance to regroup, cuddle up around the woodstove, catch up on reading, and inside projects.

I'm a life long mid westerner - I tried to get a job in the southwest with no luck, tried the southeast with no luck... I was born in Chicagoland, School in Kalamazoo, 1st job in elkhart, 2nd job in Ohio, and 3rd starting 2000 in Michigan. I don't see us moving any time soon. I love my heated seats, snow blower, chainsaw, log splitter and woodstove. I hate salt with a passion - but, I like my job, church, family and friends, so - we make the best of it. I can drive to see anyone in my family for the weekend - If we lived down south or out west that would impossible.
                          Last edited by milner351; October 18, 2011, 07:13 AM.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It really cooled off here .. brrrr

sigpic

Comment

I like winter, or at least I keep telling myself that. If it's going to be cold I like it to snow though, it's the cold, gray, windy, dark days that get to me after a while. Riding snowmobiles helps break it up, and so do a half dozen trips to florida.
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X