Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new chevelle

Well, ended up getting it. Just in time for it to sit in storage until May

502 big block, TH400, 12 bolt, fresh resto. less then 1000 miles since completed. the 502 is straight outta the crate, changed to a polished intake. edelbrock carb. interior has one of them newer radios, and a set of leather Recaro seats.

pics-

Not sure what to do with the badging (its incomplete). its an original SS car, but only has the grill emblem currently. Dads friend thinks we should do a COPO/Yenko clone. Dad wants to complete the SS pack. I;m undecided- except on the wheels. I think it would look better with some Cragar Eliminators, Minilites, or ProStar/streeetstar/etc(Same setup as Scotts impala).

sorry for cruddy pics- I couldnt get a good angle. Garage was full- 56 T-bird in front of it, 36 plymouth over it, 69 Malibu vert with 233k, 69 Chevelle SS with 39k on it, 71 chevelle, 70 cutlass, 71 Nova, 57 studebaker, and a 64 Sunbeam tiger.

Local person
    sigpic

hope it is nice and solid after what you guys went through with the 66

Comment

so what was the reasoning of selling the 66 and getting this

Comment

it was rotted

you see what retail is in the body work business

Comment

So how did the supposed history play into the price?
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            it was rotted

you see what retail is in the body work business
            pretty much this.

This car was an Arizona car, only had to ahve a front fender replaced (had a dent), and the restorer doesnt like using any bondo or lead.

History played no part- got it for less then most non-iriginal SS cars
            Local person
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

I vote fat steelies and dog-dishes. With cheap rear rubber for frequent roasting.
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                Awesome!

I vote fat steelies and dog-dishes. With cheap rear rubber for frequent roasting.
                ^^^^^^ This

how do you like those drive on storage lifts? Looks like you've got one heck of a set up there. nice work!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Congrats to a nice Chevelle.I vote 15 inch Minelites,and a little lower in the rear.Dig the seats!!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    ^^^^^^ This

how do you like those drive on storage lifts? Looks like you've got one heck of a set up there. nice work!
                    Sadly, thats the previous owners garage- Part of the deal was storage until May 1st.

Not a fan of them right now- have a bigass lump on the back of my noggin from it.

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                    Awesome!

Hmm, never though about those. this is a tough one! Normally, im not even a fan of minilites, but the 69 chevelle that participated in the 2004 CarCraft RSE had them. Ive been trying to find a picture, to no avail. other problem is minilites arent cheap/wheel
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

Me WANT Studebaker!! But the 'Velle looks extra sweet, too.

Dan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                          Thats them!

so good lookin- Just wish they were cheaper then $250 for a 16x8!

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Me WANT Studebaker!! But the 'Velle looks extra sweet, too.

Dan
                          haha, thanks.

57 stude has the packard V8- John (the owner) said it has the earliest build date in the US. off the road since '75.

the Sunbeam has a 289 in it as well.
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	858380
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020405.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	858381
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

neat car!!!!
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X