Worth keeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth keeping?

I've got a 2 sets of BB Mopar Cylinder heads, 906 & 452. When I build (finally) the engine for my Coronet, I'm planning on using aluminum heads. The iron heads just seem like outdated antiquated scrap. Am I off base?

You could probably find someone who wants them, not much point keeping them if you're going aluminum.

Comment

I miss iron.

I have nothing else to say.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

IIRC, the 906s have induction hardened seats and have some value. Can't put very big valves in them w/o cutting thru the hardening but great for someone doing a blower/turbo engine.

Dan

Comment

Dan, wouldn't it be better to use aluminum anyway? I don't know the specs and numbers, but it seems to me untouched Edelbrock heads outflow the factory iron pieces and are lighter, and avaiable with open chambers, so.... Also, without checking, I believe the 452's have the induction hardened exhausts. Idk. I need the shelf cleared off where they're sitting. Anyone want 'em?

Comment

Sure that the aluminum heads are a WAY better deal. Just saying that someone could put those to use. No BBMs in the stable right now but I'll bet they have value on the Interwebs. I may have the PN backwards - I'm on drugs right now.

Dan

Comment

The 906 heads were used from 1968-1971 and were standard issue on all 383 and 440 engines, both high and low performance versions. Literally 100's of thousands of these heads were made. They did NOT have induction hardened seats.

I would be interested in taking the 906's off your hands iffin' ya feel like it.

The 452's were the first "smog" heads and did feature hardened seats. These were the best flowing of the Mopar BB smog heads and have some value for those who wish to have hardened seats.

Shoot me a PM with price and location.

Thanks,

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

if these are 68-72 heads I find it hard to believe that they are not worth something, as most mopar freaks are date code nuts..
                I'd list them on egay and see what happens,, worst will be you loose the listing money,(few bucks)

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                  if these are 68-72 heads I find it hard to believe that they are not worth something, as most mopar freaks are date code nuts..
                  I'd list them on egay and see what happens,, worst will be you loose the listing money,(few bucks)
                  you won't even loose that if you don't list on ebay often. You get 4 or 5 free listings a month.

Comment

Working...
                  X