Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any people every deal with slingshotdragster.com or cen pen speeed shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any people every deal with slingshotdragster.com or cen pen speeed shop?

Any body deal with either of these? Here is there web site http://www.slingshotdragsters.com/ the look of there dragsters, and they sent me a email that I was runner up in a chassis give away. The prize is about 1/2 the price of a bare chassis, witch would end up being around 1/4 to the price of a roller. I travel alot for work and may try to go to there shop in the neer future. Still deciding on if I should do this or not I have other projects and no room left, it will end up costing alot more to finnish. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Shawn Anderson; December 26, 2011, 08:35 AM.

I had to take off the "like" to get the link to work. http://www.slingshotdragsters.com/
    Have you looked at used ones lately?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

When I looked at cars a couple years back a problem I found was that I am 6'3" and do not fit in most cars.

Comment

That could be a problem, but its your sholder width that can't....or should I say, is hard to change. The top hoop can be cut off and replaced, if it's wide enough.
        I'm just thinking of the used market right now and what you can get for your dollar.
        Originally posted by TC

Comment

There are some great deals out there, not that sure what I would want wheel base and cert wise. Right now I think I would go kinda short (140") and get Fiat body and do a fuel coupe maybe a injected small ford.

Comment

having to have it finish welded might represent a problem for some - as would shipping. I don't want to find out that my welds suck at 150... I'd have to pay. That's a pretty good road trip for ya but I would feel better if I went by the shop and chatted with them first.

I hate to say it, but I'm so overwhelmed with sh*t to do I don't know where to start and one more project might shove me over the edge where I just shut down even worse than now and sell it all. I've almost got the storage thing under control, but space is critical for something like this imho. On the other hand, if you have an enclosed trailer, you could store it in there. Gut a horse trailer, Storage solved.

Now - onto the enablement. 8's with a mild 351. Woooof! Mainenance issues - nope, there it is in your face. Don't like where it's sitting? move it with your engine hoist.. the whole car! Light cars are much easier on parts, you can leave the interior in the DD and feed your need for pretty cheap with this dooooood. You can build it to fit, too!

Hope that helped! Ha. Sorry, I'm waffling. I can see either side.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
              There are some great deals out there, not that sure what I would want wheel base and cert wise. Right now I think I would go kinda short (140") and get Fiat body and do a fuel coupe maybe a injected small ford.
              What kind of class or style of racing do you want to do?
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Good points Beagle, don't need more projects. As far as a class goes was thinking just a fun car to run at local strips that looks cool and goes way faster for less money than a door car. I would really like to build a Jr. Fueler or A dragster for the NHRA nostalgia series but they have few events. Looks like the good guys drag are done too. I would think Jr. fuel would be a pretty exspensive car to build (and a injected nitro A dragster way more than that).

Comment

I've been thinking about selling mine, but I'm 5'7" - there's no way you'd fit. I haven't had it out in 3 or 4 years, so the chassis cert's expired. I'd thought about going Jr. Fuel racing when I got it, but I think those guys are in the high 6's now at 190+, so you'd need a chassis certified to 6.30 instead of 7.50, and a whole lot of horsepower.

Mine's got a 400 Chevy with Dart Iron Eagle heads, Offy tunnel ram with 2 Carter AFB's and a Powerglide, and I went 8.94 @ 145 on my last licensing pass. There was a lot left in it, but I had the launch rpm and shift rpm turned WAY down. Slingshots are a fun ride for sure, light, great traction, very high cool factor.

Comment

an F.E.D has always been my #1 wish to have!!!
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT View Post
                      I've been thinking about selling mine, but I'm 5'7" - there's no way you'd fit. I haven't had it out in 3 or 4 years, so the chassis cert's expired. I'd thought about going Jr. Fuel racing when I got it, but I think those guys are in the high 6's now at 190+, so you'd need a chassis certified to 6.30 instead of 7.50, and a whole lot of horsepower.

Mine's got a 400 Chevy with Dart Iron Eagle heads, Offy tunnel ram with 2 Carter AFB's and a Powerglide, and I went 8.94 @ 145 on my last licensing pass. There was a lot left in it, but I had the launch rpm and shift rpm turned WAY down. Slingshots are a fun ride for sure, light, great traction, very high cool factor.
                      Whats the sholder width on yours?
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

an old timer friend of mine ran one into the late 80s. he set a c dragster record with it, nearing his retirement about 8 years ago he decided to build another one. he built ht eframe out of moly, he made a killer aluminum seat was a really cool car. he collected a lot of cool parts, i think jesel is his cousing so he helped find him a lot of big money parts used. he finished it maybe 6 years ago. i never got to see it run but i heard he got pretty discouraged with what the cars are running now.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                          Whats the sholder width on yours?
                          Looks like about 20", maybe 20 1/2".

Comment

I've pord-a-powered a few but maybe an inch or so....The cage it'self as far as how tall you are, I can call Merf or Canode, and have a new one made to fit you....Lets get Shawn Andersons sholder width with a suit on and see where we are at.
                            20-21 is about average....I had a 22 once and it fit Bob Vandergrif..a 20 is a Brandon Bernstein.
                            I heard Dan Pastorni was a 24 Myth or fact?
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

I measured my self with no jacket and got about 22 1/2, tried to get into a dragster with 19" width 5 years and 30 lbs ago with no luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X