Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan Tech

Howdy,

Does anyone have any experience with the Moroso or Steff's windage screens? I've got to fab a new oil pan for the Turbo6 to clear the suspension when I reposition the engine and wanted to actually try to incorporate more than a cloned Turbo 6 baffle plate.

Since I have to shrink the sump length due to making it fit between the crossmember and the centerlink (rear steer chassis), I was thinking of making kickouts with trap doors on the sides and some solid baffling on the front and rear of the sump. Anyone have any experience with DIY trap doors or would I be better off getting something like Speedway's "Claimer" kit for an SBC and adapting the pieces?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

I think you'll save time with that claimer kit. I started with a Canton 'roadrace' pan and then added a full length screen from a kit they sell, as well as some additional baffles as I no longer run a conventional pump.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I built a pan (well, rebuilt a pan starting with the stocker) with side kickouts and trap doors to keep the oil in place for one of my 215s. I never could tell if it was effective because I never flogged it hard enough to really stress the system. On the other hand I never ran low on OP in somewhat spirited operation so I GUESS it worked OK. I just kind of went with what seemed like it should work.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X