Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer for Freiburger/Finnegan in MotorTrend "RoadKill"

Hope this ain't a repost.....

Saw this teaser for Roadkill. I like the other video stories they've done, so I'm hoping this will be done the same way.
    Athough, I think it will friggen kill them if they have to do it EVERY month?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by andy30thz; February 11, 2012, 05:16 PM.

IMO............. the video tasks should be seperate from the mag work. I followed that Alaska/Colorado/Arizona Death Trip kinda live as they were doing it. So to get HOTROD with TWELVE pages devoted to this one story, (that I already knew the ending to...) I thought was crap. really... 12 pages of that..... really?

"When did Drama overtake quality car builds? You're watching OC Choppers too much. -- reader Mark Furgal....."

don't get me wrong.. I like DF and Finnegan in video mode. I just think it needs to be seperate. - I mean good TV takes actual effort - and TIME. really... it ain't easy to shoot good vid. Now DF may not be as pretty as Stacey David though....

And what I got from reading between the lines... and I might be wrong here... but it seems as though DF didn't much care for the schedule or the decisions made by "folks more important than us".

i just hope the 'important folks' get their act together and realize what a valuable resource they have in Fri and Fin.....don't burn 'em out!
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Editors frequently disagree with FMITU (folks more important than us) and SI isn't in it to make friends.

Go karts
      Vans
      VW's
      other Imports
      cover to cover billet

the magazine changes with the times. I'd bet there have been some damn near fist fights over content in the past, and somebody will always "Cancel their subscription"... the ad guys care about ads. As long as they can get advertising money, the magazine leans left or right to get it. That's how they make money, cuz it sure as hell isn't the 3 years for 12.95 subscriptions making them rich.

Interesting comparison to OCC, where stupidhead drama outsold (sold out) the "build tech" years ago and never looked back but knocks down serious coin now compared to then. I liked the guys from Virginia better myself, they kept the bitchiness down and showed some fabbing and building. RIP Gary, he seemed to "get it".

I love a country where a lot of us dream about having a job, but instead get to watch shows about our "fantasy jobs" and then the majority don't like it until it becomes a "real job" just like the shitty one they are working in or worked at. I prefer my "fantasy job" to not include all the damn drama, I can go to work if I want that. lol.

I hope it works out the way they want it to, best of luck guys!
      Last edited by Beagle; February 12, 2012, 09:56 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I love the dirt every day trips that DR and Pews do about once a year. If he and Mike do stuff like that most of the time, it will be great. It's really ok with me if they have lots of drama doing it, if that's what floats their boat........I just don't want to hear about it. Makes me nervous.
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 12, 2012, 08:36 PM. Reason: needed puntuation
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I do like the trailer!

I bagged on the "didn't make it to Alaska" thing, and I haven't seen this month's article in the magazine yet.

But I have to say this - Freiburger has a real taste for interesting stuff and translating it to Video. The Carjunkie videos were really well done, great content. I really enjoyed the "Will Race Anything" pilot (did I get the name right? lol). Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the television industry for not picking up this guys video ideas and putting them out there for the rest of us to see? is it because not enough of us give proper feedback to the idiots who are deciding what we have to watch? PassTime and Pinks All Out have to be THEEE GAYEST televised automotive poop ever put on the small screen, yet I can sit and watch hours of stuff Freiburger (and Chad) put on my computer screen and love every minute of it. Even if the subject matter isn't my favorite, they make it interesting - to watch.

Anyhow, I hope the new video stuff they're doing is successful. I want to see DF's art/talent on my television.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have to agree completly with you on the above DG . I threw a " lame " violation flag as they kept having unrealistic goals as much as the next guy but I admited that when the story when to press it would be a good story. He just has the right vib. I miss him here as a regular/ admin here at bangshift but we lost him for the greater good. HOT ROD
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

And from the trailer it looks like we're gonna get some big Pontiac action too!

I really can't see how they're gonna keep up this pace every month and still turn out the magazine.

But I'll keep watching. If it really sucks, I'll watch something else.

The main thing I like is the message to "get out there and do something, even if its wrong".
              I know a lot of guys that won't bother to even try. I will be the first to admit most of my projects get screwed up, but now I can shrug it off and just start figuring out how to fix it.

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the television industry for not picking up this guys video ideas and putting them out there for the rest of us to see?
              I'm assuming its a lot like a band in the music industry. There are a ton of them with talent, but you have to have everything fall into place to be a huge success.
              Last edited by andy30thz; February 13, 2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Not bad...
                Looks like the next episode is the Alaska attempt

Comment

Working...
                X