Diets. Anyone else going thru hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diets. Anyone else going thru hell?

Due to unforseen issues I have found myself on a very strict diet of 1700 callories a day. I am finding it difficult to eat that much but thats not the real problem, the real problem is I want a MF-ing greasy double patty, double cheese, extra bacon, mayo covered, batter dipped, deep fried cheeseburger...well, maybe not batter dipped and deep fried but you get where I am going.

I got this cool little app for my phone that helps me track my calories and my daily workouts and it tells me when I am eating like a fat kid and shames me into working out harder.

The upside, I am down about 14 pounds now, the downside is I would punch your child in the face if it would net me a burger...To make matters worse I quit smoking at the same time....

Anyone else goign thru the same hell
    Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 11, 2012, 10:30 AM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Hmmm, hell... No... Knowing I need to lose some weight...yes. Trying...yes..halfassed tho... Not getting anywhere much..thus the halfassed part...

Quitting smoking... You must convience YOURSELF that you are doing it for YOU, no other reason..HATE the smell with a passion.
    It mostly is habit actions.. I smoked 3packs a day and quit cold turkey... Over 30 years ago.. Now, it doesn't bother me..

As to losing weight, when I hurt, I eat (habit actions) 2 days ago I slipped and fell on a stack of wood on boxes, giving myself a map of Afghanistan on my forehead and a very sore neck...Conclusion of said action? I am too fat to fall down..it hurts!
    300+ lbs...

Hang in there Joe... You will make yourself happy... I'm trying on my part... Halfassed isnt working.. Quarterassed (such a thing?)

Comment

Quitting smoking is nothard for me, its staying quitting..wait, what...anyway...Ihave quit a few times, for years at a time but then something will happen to trigger the need to have a smoke and then BAM, I am smoking again...but truth be told I used to smoke 3 packs a day and this last go-round I would smoke a pack a week at the most.

The weight, man, I was up to 260 a while back, dropped 40 pounds then put some back on....I am down to a comfy 225 right now...My goal is 200 lbs....but would be happy with 210 or 215...but I am keeping my eye on 200. I noticed that when I was 260 I couldnt sleep well, everything hurt all the time. Since I dropped a lot of that weight my back doesnt hurt as much, my knees and other joints dont hurt and I sleep well...I will keep on it...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Good luck Joe, All I can offer is my support for the weight loss and quit smoking. I need to exercise more for energy then to lose weight.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

What Neal said. I was in the gym regularly for 20 years... the last 5 years, almost never. Need to change that before too long... being down on energy is the worst part. I'm sick and tired of feeling tired, and I know I will be have better mental focus if I start working out again.... I need to "just do it".
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yes, I went through 1500 calories a day at the start of 2011 combined with a daily workout routine. (power 90)

I lost almost 50lbs in this routine and kept of the weight because of the exercise component. I now consume 3000 calories a day combined with p90x.

I suggest if you're only eating 1700 calories a day you should make them count. I've been there. Eat every 3-4 hours, don't drink your calories, and eat plenty of fruits and veggies, and absolutely no food after 6:30pm.

Good luck, I didn't crave greasy food.. .I craved carbs..
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

I used to be a gym rat, thats how I lost the weight to start with. If I was not at work or sleeping, I was at the gym...I love lifting weights but my back decided to blow out with multiple disks bulging and screwing my life up. Iw as eating 3K plus calories a day then...but I was trying to bulk up and was not concerned with losing fat...I did so it was an extra bonus.

I am all over the diet, I've had years of experience with the wifes own weight loss dilemas so I eat 6 times a day, healthy foods, lean meats low fats...Its hard but once you get into the groove

So now I use this machine made by Cybex called an Arc Trainer...it will kick your ass...and its full body, I will never be able to spend my afternoons in the weight room again but at least I can get a decent workout. P90X is too much for me, my back cant handle it otherwise I would be doing that or cross fit.
              Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 11, 2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Slowly changing how you eat and making it work for you is more effective then a diet. What are you going to do once the diet is over?

Eating a burger the way you like it once or twice a month will keep you happy and will keep you from binging and gaining back the weight you lost...

I eat a bunch of fruits and veggies through out the day... I could still stand to loose about 5 of the middle... However, my blood pressure is good, sugars are good and I can see my toes when i stand up... Not to mention I am a bit lighter on my feet... Took me about two years to make a real change in what I eat and drink...

Comment

Its rought to maintain that life style but yeah youre right, eating right is a lifestyle change when you look at it as a diet it has negative connotations....and makes it harder to stick to it...I eat well most of the time but do indulge my lust for fatty foods every so often...but to drop the weight I need to I really have to watch my caloric intake..

Comment

a military man on a diet.
                    ridiculous.
                    there is a reason you would kill for a lard pile of real meat.

I have the same hell..and I sure as heck don't stop until I feel good.
                    a little bit of weight, healthy excersize...never stop eating.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

This is the first time I can honestly say...I understood what you said and know exactly where youre coming from.

Comment

I know what you mean, I'm can't seem to gain weight =P
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          I know what you mean, I'm can't seem to gain weight =P
                          you shut your cake hole you rat bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                            you shut your cake hole you rat bastard!
                            I'm on a see food diet and it doesn't seem to be helping

(you know I couldn't resist, though it's true I've been flat lined at this weight for a while)
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

rough life...wait till you get married and settle down...most guys balloon up...sxcept for Jim...he's still skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X