1000 hp 292 Chevy six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 hp 292 Chevy six

This seems rather unbelievable. Dan are you checking this out!

Re: 1000 hp 292 Chevy six

HOLY CRAP :o :o :o

damn makes me wish i wouldnt have sold my trucks sixer...no i think the 454ci makes it seem nastier ;D

Comment

Very cool, wonder what it sounds like

Comment

sounds like apack of pissed off bee's i bet lil way cool

Comment

I bet with the turbos and the V8 franken-head it sounds bad ass...whish there was video

Comment

I've seen this before. Leo wrote the bible on making power with a Chevy straight six. It is THE reference.
            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I've seen this before,but,I NEVER TIRE OF IT ;D ;D :D :D. In time,Dan,is 'this' what you're shooting for 8)? ~OO6.

Comment

I don't see the big deal on the cap "straps" what do they do?

Are these blocks known for blowing the walls out that you need to sleeve them?
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

nobody knows , who the heck races them ? they haven't been made in 23 years ....4.2 trailblazer probably now has more wins in comp eliminator than any old timey chevy 6 . there was a guy named williamson had ford 6 that won , another guy had a datsun six , still loads of chevy and buick V6s that are still out there ...

Comment

Actually, Leo's been winning for years. This is not is first race car, nor his first engine. He was hurt a while back in a racing accident (don't recall the details) and now has a driver for this effort. Leo's no kid, either - in his 70's as I recall.

I doubt I'll get anywhere near 1K HP - ever. I just don't have the $$. As you may have noticed if you followed the links, he runs a "hybrid" head, made up of 2 SBC Chevy aluminum heads cut and welded together. One of the many things out of my budget. So I'll just try to get as much out of what I have as I can, for now. I have other silly ideas in the back of my head, too.

Later
                    Dan

Comment

All I can say is WOW!

Comment

Sometimes I fell like Forrest Gump on this board but here goes:

I was announcing the pass that ended Leo's driving career. It happened at New England Dragway and it was one of the scariest crashes I have ever seen. I am not sure of what the final determination was on the cause of the wreck but I know it happened at like 1000ft. The car pitched sideways, got into the wall (at a very high rate of speed) and started a series of rolls and flips, basically knife edging along the guard wall.

The car was an all steel 1950 Chevy (I may be off on the year). The creepiest part of the crash was the fact that the roof got peeled open like a tin can and the car ended up sitting cock-eyed up on top of the wall with it's arse up and it's nose down. With the roof opened up and I think the door ripped off, there was a very clear view of an unresponsive driver in the car.

Still gives me chills thinking about it.

I knew he was back at it, but I am glad to hear he's enlisted a hot shoe.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very impressive buildup; I'm surprised the car isn't even quicker.

Comment

This is the car that met it's end in Epping.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Dan,
                              Your on the right track. I like to run all motor, because it shows your doing homework. Then slap some BLown Fuel at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X