Gus and the Model garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus and the Model garage

Anyone ever read these stories in Popular Science? I used to find back issues in the school library and read these stories,they taught you alot and were interesting. Some guy compiled a bunch of them on the net.

Absolutely. Gus always got things straigtened out and got to the bottom how mopes were tearing up their stuff. He was like a greasy Colombo with a torque wrench. He could probably even negotiate peace between DG and TC . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
      Absolutely. Gus always got things straigtened out and got to the bottom how mopes were tearing up their stuff. He was like a greasy Colombo with a torque wrench. He could probably even negotiate peace between DG and TC . . . .
      peace is more likely in the middle east
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I am on the year 1926 resolving the same problems for 2012.

thanks gus.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
          Anyone ever read these stories in Popular Science? I used to find back issues in the school library and read these stories,they taught you alot and were interesting. Some guy compiled a bunch of them on the net.

http://gus-stories.org/index.html
          That is a total time taking website. Start reading and get lost in time. Thanks for the share.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Popular Science was heady stuff for me back then.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'm not clicking on that link until I've got a couple of hours to spare.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Gus Wilson's Model Garage was so great. As a little kid I read every episode, never missed it.

Think of it: automotive technical how-to + short story fiction mashup. How is that even possible? But they pulled it off very well.
                Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

Same here, I loved those stories from the wrong dipstick in Powerglide versus a TH350 to the clogged fuel sock filter in the gas tank. Gus ruled, always dreamed I could be that guy or at least meet someone who was. Great site! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X