Oh Stiney, a moment of your time please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Stiney, a moment of your time please

Where's the best place to get spherical bearings? made by whom?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

QA1 (in my best Stiney imitation)
    I'm still learning

Comment

(In my best Howdie-Doodie voice)

Hey!

How did Bob do that?

Are we talking quality or price?
      Last edited by STINEY; July 27, 2012, 11:00 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        (In my best Howdie-Doodie voice)

Hey!

How did Bob do that?

Are we talking quality or price?
        yes

Comment

Having your cake and eating too I see...........okay.

Our source internally here at the dealership is proprietary, offshored and marked up, not what either of us are looking for.

A voice in my head told me these are good too.

QA1 provides performance shock absorbers, suspension, driveshafts, rod end bearings, ball joints and more for circle track, drag racing, street performance, street rodding and industrial markets.
          Last edited by STINEY; July 27, 2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            yes
            I'm totally out of this conversaion technically of course, but that is SO much like one of the managers where I work.

I would think that with quality COMES price.

But the manager I'm thinking about, I almost love to hate swapping emails with him. I'll ask, "So do we do it this left handed way, where we do this and that, or should we do it this right-handed way, where we do the exact opposite?"

Almost every time, his answer is, "Yes."
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Fafnir and Timken are the manufacturers of most of these bearings, at least the ones we deal with. There is a semi-local bearing distributor ......
              Bearing Distributors Inc
              Street: 315 Oxford Avenue
              Mansfield, oh 44906-1958
              Phone: (419) 529-8077

Comment

Other bearing suppliers I've dealt with that may or may not have what you need....

Google:

Bearing headquarters

Berry Bearing

Motion Industries

and there's always Surplus center
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

thanks guys, an both Stineys

Comment

There is one thing you need to understand about the Performance Industry and bearings, and that is they are a Middle Man......

Every bearing will have a part number on it that you can take to an Industrial bearing supplier and they will be able to match the bearing up to what they sell, and it'll be at a fraction of the cost.

I would be checking places like that first, I know we have a place here called US Bearing, I'm sure you have similar around were you live......

Comment

SBG - Just to throw another name out there that I can personally vouch for -- http://www.fkrodends.com/ -- I personally toured this facility in Connecticut with the owner Mr Fragola. All american sourced steel and all made in CT. Not knocking any of the other people mentioned here, but it was a neat experience to actually tour their facility, meet the guys making the stuff (many who have been there decades) and see some manufacturing action in person. It wrote a story for Hot Rod Mag's old "How It's Made" section on these guys.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I just saw fknrodents.com in that ... I think I might really need a CT Scan.

I'm all about a few bucks more an not twice for the same parts these days.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          SBG - Just to throw another name out there that I can personally vouch for -- http://www.fkrodends.com/ -- I personally toured this facility in Connecticut with the owner Mr Fragola. All american sourced steel and all made in CT. Not knocking any of the other people mentioned here, but it was a neat experience to actually tour their facility, meet the guys making the stuff (many who have been there decades) and see some manufacturing action in person. It wrote a story for Hot Rod Mag's old "How It's Made" section on these guys.
                          After googling what Stineys 1 and 2 said, I came across FK. I just bought a dozen of their spherical bearings, teflon coated, stainless steel... and very competitively priced

Comment

Let us know what you think once you have them in hand.

Stiney 2.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                            X