X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker is suing GM over the SAAB bankruptcy

No, really...

Yahoo!- Spyker Sues GM Over Failed SAAB Takeover

Basically Spyker is claiming that GM blocked use of GM-sourced bits after they washed their hands of SAAB. Can't wait to see how this goes...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

going from genius transaxle drivetrain to sideways..and they are gonna continue to blame someone else for being a monkey with asian crayons on the drawing board.
    suffer I say. suffer the real extinction...monkeys.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 7, 2012, 12:56 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Actually, blame GM. They told SAAB to use Vauxhall platforms.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Good... SAAB always took the GM stuff and made it drive better...

Comment

so let me get this straight, SAAB bought from Old GM and wants New GM to divulge it's corporate secrets.... snicker, just proves that with money doesn't come brains
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not SAAB. Spyker wanted to maintain use of the current gen GM-based SAAB's so they could get them onto lots so start getting the money coming in.

Comment

uh, SAAB/Spyker panties are in a bunch because they were going bankrupt, and GM said to them - have you asked the Chinese for dollars? Spyker did, and the Chinese said "sure, as long as we get access to GM's current technology." I suspect somewhere in the sale of SAAB there was a wink and a nod that if Spyker made a go of it, GM would help them with the engineering. When Spyker tried to sell/get financing from the Chinese, GM said "not a chance are we giving our tech to the Chinese." The Chinese said "well, why would we want this?" and walked.

Watch the money. Spyker paid 140 million and change for SAAB. The Chinese were willing to invest 600 million into SAAB if they got the technology. So ask yourself this, do you really think the Chinese are so stupid as to buy something at a 4x premium unless they were getting something GM refused to give before (the Chinese were interested in SAAB, and pulled out for the same reason they pulled out of Hummer - they got 20 year old technology; something I'm sure their spies and reverse engineers already had)
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X