Penske's sons go to jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske's sons go to jail

Two of Roger Penske's sons, including an owner of an IndyCar team, spent the night in a Massachusetts jail, the Inquirer and Mirror of Nantucket reported Thursday.

Jay Penske, who owns Dragon Racing on the IndyCar circuit, and brother Mark Penske were arrested just before 2 a.m. ET Thursday by Nantucket Police on charges of breaking and entering with intent to commit a misdemeanor at the Nantucket Yacht Club. They were arraigned after court opened Thursday morning and released on personal recognizance. Pretrial hearings were set for Aug. 20 for Jay, 33, and Mark, 35, whose father is a motorsports legend.

According to the Inquirer and Mirror, the initial police report listed the case as assault and battery after two women approached police officers and told them they had been assaulted by two men in the yacht club’s parking lot. The two men later were identified as Jay and Mark Penske. They are not members of the yacht club.

One woman told police the men were urinating in the parking lot, according to the report. When she confronted a man identified as Jay Penske, he “turned and continued to urinate on her boots. He then proceeded to grab her arm and push her. (The woman) also states that Mark before he ran away pushed her and they both then ran to the house on Yacht Club property" according to the police report.

Police said the women later decided not to press assault and battery charges.

Police said they apprehended Jay Penske as he ran from the club and that they found Mark Penske at a nearby apartment after he had fallen down a staircase and suffered several cuts on this right arm.

In addition to the racing team, Jay Penske owns the website Deadline.com and is CEO of PMB, a digital media company.

The brothers’ parents, Roger and Kathy Penske, own a home on the Nantucket waterfront.

Roger Penske was a successful auto driver who later founded Penske Racing, which fields teams on the NASCAR and IndyCar circuits.
    Explore the latest NASCAR Cup Series news, highlights, videos, race results, standings & social posts! Livestream upcoming NASCAR races online on FOXSports.com.
    Last edited by TC; August 9, 2012, 04:49 PM.

Working downtown I see public urination nearly every day, I am not sure as a woman how stupid do you have to be to confront 2 males at 2am who are most likely intoxicated peeing in a parking lot! What a moron, they were just peeing! Stupid Yacht club lady, if she was a stray dog she would be dead within a week...
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 9, 2012, 05:29 PM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Who really gives a crap.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
        Who really gives a crap.
        The same "who" that gives a crap about Britney, lindsay and all them worthless xyz@$#%

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          The same "who" that gives a crap about Britney, lindsay and all them worthless xyz@$#%
          At least they show their "hooha" once in a while.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'll just about bet it didn't happen even close to that story.

Comment

ted kennedy never got arrested

Comment

I say throw the book at them. They apparently need to be taught a lesson that "the Captain" failed to teach 'em at home.

As a society, why is it that so many are willing to excuse such behavior?

BTW, if the PEEinske brothers (or anyone else for that matter) takes a whizz in front of me on my property . . . or on me . . ., they ought to be prepared to take their next "Number One" in a bedpan at the hospital. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  ted kennedy never got arrested

"Years later, while he was a law student at the University of Virginia,[Ted] Kennedy was arrested for reckless driving after a chase with police."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...#ixzz23AUI10ut

I guess "Old Kennedy" should have bought a faster car . . . . (and later on, one that would float!)

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                    Who really gives a crap.
                    well, for starters, the Penske brothers. And I'm sure the lady who got pee'd on would like to give the crap back.

but, as I do know what you mean - I agree, kids peeing on the wall is no big deal; no matter who their dad is.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 10, 2012, 11:39 AM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                      I say throw the book at them. They apparently need to be taught a lesson that "the Captain" failed to teach 'em at home.

As a society, why is it that so many are willing to excuse such behavior?

BTW, if the PEEinske brothers (or anyone else for that matter) takes a whizz in front of me on my property . . . or on me . . ., they ought to be prepared to take their next "Number One" in a bedpan at the hospital. Just sayin'
                      That's what gets me with these big time racers, how well do they parent their kids when their off racing every weekend?? Because you know it's all about them and the family comes second....... I guess that is one thing I can't fathom, not being part of my Child's upbringing.........Family always first!!!.........

Comment

if you race like that ...you need a good strong woman at home ..most don't have that inner strength

Comment

But there are plenty of racers' kids who grew up with respect for private property and self-control. I never read any stories about any of the Petty kids taking a leak on another human being in public . . . .

Comment

Sounds like they were having a good time! Two dumbasses, they are so freakin rich they couldn't care less and are probably sitting someplace (nice I might add) laughing their asses off about the whole thing.

Comment

Another reason to throw the book at 'em!

Comment

Working...
                              X