New Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ride

As we left on this trip, ME's Park Avenue ate another intake manifold (3.8's are famous for this). That was the last straw! We were at a GM dealer, and we walked from the service desk up to the showroom and drove away in a new white HHR (not an SS, dammit). It's kind of a cool little car, and more interesting than what she has ever driven before. As we went over the mountains in West Virginia, we found out it could use a bit more HP, so I'll investigate a turbo kit as I get the chance. Scott (or anyone)- anything to be gained by tweaking the computer on these? So far, we like it really well.

Later
    Dan

Re: New Ride

I rented one of those about a month ago when me and a couple of friends went on a little outing. It climbed those muddy hills pretty well, it handled those foot deep ruts also, those large rocks didn't seem to slow it down a bit either.... did I mention that it was a rental. ;D
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

If you don't know where the rev limiter is set on the rental car before you leave the lot..... your most likely not a Hard Core Car Junkie....

If you can sort out that wearing out side walls on the tires is ALMOST as much fun as wearing out the tread... ( damn traction control )... your a seriously sick.. Car Junkie...

Keith

Comment

I like Keith's response.

I was in St. Louis last year visiting the Hubers, and "Papa Jon" took my rental car, a Ford "Edge" (LOL) to run an errand.

He comes back and I asked him what he thought. His reply: "I'm surprised at how high the converter stalls!!"

Dan, probably not much to be gained until you gut the emissions equipment!

-scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Dan without Emissions equipment is like Anita Bryant without Orange Juice..

or something like that...

Dan by the way... I kind of like that HHR... I'm actually looking for an Xbox to take grandma to lunch twice a week...

K

Comment

Working...
          X