Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New technology,makes a 5 cylinder2,5 liter bomb..cant wait for the LS version..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New technology,makes a 5 cylinder2,5 liter bomb..cant wait for the LS version..

    814 hp,and 1000nm..thats big numbers,and they say it runs on 40mpg or so..at least 0,53l pr 100km.

    The future is here?...

    http://www.rtugroup.com/revolutionar...iabatic-engine

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnM8z1nX4k&feature=plcp

  • #2
    I fail to see what was new there.

    dieselgeek probably does that in every good tune.

    ..and no mention of hp per liter, and the fact they got an inline appearing cylinder as an example is the biggest dufus of all.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

    Comment


    • #3
      sounds like a lot of hype. those power numbers and MPG are doable with current tech engines (intrestingly, in that video I noticed they're using a Motec M-800 which is a simple EFI system, not DI control, and also they use a Superflow 902 dyno which you can find at places like Westech)

      If you put a inline 4, 5 or 6 japanese engine with a single turbocharger into say a 1400lb car with great aero and low rolling reistance, 40+mpg could be achieved. 800hp no problem.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
        sounds like a lot of hype. those power numbers and MPG are doable with current tech engines (intrestingly, in that video I noticed they're using a Motec M-800 which is a simple EFI system, not DI control, and also they use a Superflow 902 dyno which you can find at places like Westech)

        If you put a inline 4, 5 or 6 japanese engine with a single turbocharger into say a 1400lb car with great aero and low rolling reistance, 40+mpg could be achieved. 800hp no problem.
        you also know of longevity too..
        bizarre compilations defended as strong.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          sounds like a lot of hype. those power numbers and MPG are doable with current tech engines (intrestingly, in that video I noticed they're using a Motec M-800 which is a simple EFI system, not DI control, and also they use a Superflow 902 dyno which you can find at places like Westech)

          If you put a inline 4, 5 or 6 japanese engine with a single turbocharger into say a 1400lb car with great aero and low rolling reistance, 40+mpg could be achieved. 800hp no problem.
          1400# great aero? What would be a production car that would fit that bill? or is that a belly tanker?
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Russell View Post
            1400# great aero? What would be a production car that would fit that bill? or is that a belly tanker?

            If you look at all the demo cars that Ford and GM are using to tout new engine technologies that provide great MPGs right now, they are all cars that look like Formula Fords running tiny turbo engines and getting big MPG numbers. Definitely not what you see in production right now.


            Boxer3main, the engines I talked about are all happy making big power for many miles. Around here, there are a ton of 700whp+ Toyotas and 500whp+ Mitsubishi and even some 400whp Subaru boxers that get daily driven. Mitsu 4 bangers tend to shake parts off and need continuous maintenance, but the Toyota inline six is known for never needing its hood lifted. I know one guy approaching 200,000 miles in his bone stock internals 2JZ that makes over 800whp. Upgrades are fuel system, single turbocharger, different intake manifold, different exhaust manifold and downstream exhaust plumbing. And some suspension upgrades I'm sure.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

            Comment


            • #7
              DG, Do you think it’s possible to build a Swiss Army Knife car? A car that is large enough to carry 4 adults comfortable. Have great fuel economy and enough power to be fun to drive? Could this car be built for $5000 using commonly available parts? I would really like to see at least average 35mph and 300 whp. What recipe would you use?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

              Comment


              • #8
                russell in a FWD, RWD or AWD format ?
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  If you look at all the demo cars that Ford and GM are using to tout new engine technologies that provide great MPGs right now, they are all cars that look like Formula Fords running tiny turbo engines and getting big MPG numbers. Definitely not what you see in production right now.
                  They likely will be once the 54.5 m.p.g. CAFE standard starts kicking in hard


                  I know one guy approaching 200,000 miles in his bone stock internals 2JZ that makes over 800whp. Upgrades are fuel system, single turbocharger, different intake manifold, different exhaust manifold and downstream exhaust plumbing. And some suspension upgrades I'm sure.
                  The real problem with them apparently is keeping them from "external disassembly" by the "Midnight Auto Supply" gangs. http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...224520926.html

                  Before and After: A well-known Supra in happier times . . . and what's left now.
                  Last edited by 38P; January 8, 2013, 12:58 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    DG, Do you think it’s possible to build a Swiss Army Knife car? A car that is large enough to carry 4 adults comfortable. Have great fuel economy and enough power to be fun to drive? Could this car be built for $5000 using commonly available parts? I would really like to see at least average 35mph and 300 whp. What recipe would you use?
                    $5,000 would be hard, but the recipe likely involves a Cummins 4BT from an old tractor or bread van, a honkin' turbo, and a reasonably aerodynamic '70s or '80s RWD compact body.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                      $5,000 would be hard, but the recipe likely involves a Cummins 4BT from an old tractor or bread van, a honkin' turbo, and a reasonably aerodynamic '70s or '80s RWD compact body.
                      ..ahem

                      In answer to your question Russel, here's a recipe if you don't mind a little elbow grease that will meet or exceed your expectations, I've tuned a handful of these already:

                      Take a 4-door Mitsubishi Galant VR4, it's AWD. Not sure what they go for but they aren't expensive used. You want the 1988-1992 model year with the 4G63 4-cylinder engine. You can get 400hp out of these easily with simple fuel system and turbo upgrades, maybe an ebay intercooler upgrade too. Depending on if you're willing to buy used or pre-owned but never installed parts (popular with the DSM crowd), you should be able to do the whole thing around $5000. It's a legit 4-door 4 passenger car that with a manual trans and removal of the cat/emissions junk should net you low-mid 30s mpg when driven easily, and will easily pass 300awhp. Hell I think you can do 300whp on a stock turbo system...?

                      Anyhow, no need to go diesel for your request.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was really expecting a engine swap! I did not spec the drive type to keep more open. I do want a stick. I like rwd better than front. I have never owned a awd only think about them is they are more complex. I did one search on my local craislist and did not see any VR4 currently for sale. Going with diesel I would want to see closer to 45 mpg and I don't see them for sale cheap.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Feel free to tell me I am crazy! What do you think about this combo: pre 95 BMW 3 series, turbo 2.3 Duratec, 5 speed. What kind of mileage do you think it would get? How much trouble is it going to be keeping the BMW electonics fixed?
                          Last edited by Russell; January 9, 2013, 02:32 PM.
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            ..ahem

                            . . . .Take a 4-door Mitsubishi Galant VR4 . . . .
                            large enough to carry 4 adults comfortable
                            Silly me! I thought we were talking about Bangshiftable, American cars with an adult-sized back seat . . . .

                            If we're cooking up a ricey issue of "Import Tuner," there are probably a number of "whips" that technically have a cramped, Asian-sized "back seat" (Perfect for packin' full of piercing-riddled, tattooed, Size 0 swimsuit models of the sorts that seem to festoon every gaudy "JDM" Dubster in the teenaged "tuner" rags).

                            What in the Zora Arkus-Duntov happened to America?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              Feel free to tell me I am crazy! What do you think about this combo: pre 95 BMW 3 series, turbo 2.3 Duratec, 5 speed. What kind of mileage do you think it would get? How much trouble is it going to be keeping the BMW electonics fixed?
                              the duratec inline five stuff..
                              interesting.
                              why bother with a four..insane.

                              that in a bmw, lock the valve timing..simplify.
                              unique stuff.

                              i see for 2013 thay have an 5 cyl n/a doing as much as thier first year turbo version. that must be feisty. its in a volvo something.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X