Fun With Plasti-dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun With Plasti-dip

This stuff is so much freaking fun to play with....

I wanted to see if I would like fender hash's before I either had my paint guy paint them for a few bucks or I bought the vinyl decals and spent 50 bucks I dont have...either way if I didnt like them I would be out time and money...so for the estimated cost of 4.93 cents (paper/tape and plasti-dip consumed) I sprayed them on. 4.5 inches all the way down. I will redo them as they look off to me becaus of the body lines...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

that is different. I had to look up what fender hashes were.. I guess for racing, no origin?

I was looking at a website that sold them for cars, and thought.. reminds me of a boxer under the hood, if the stripes have less angle.

that is interesting, were they thinking football player?
    something aggressive.

edit:
    they are actually used on stock car races, they would mark the car to differentiate them at the pit stops from the rest of the look alike cars, not really a vette originated thing. i would lke them black though not red
    I like it.. I just put antique registration plates on a ricer wagon, because it looks like something they made for 9 years as a chassis...wanted a label showing it was the oldest version.

I may do something like it..
    matte black hood and regular color fenders..
    maybe put color of fenders as stripes on hood, and matte black over the fender..flop the colors a bit.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 3, 2012, 08:29 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm thinking they're too far toward the rear of the car, but whadda I know?

Dan

Comment

IMO add paint in other places

Click image for larger version

Name:	joestang.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	865347
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

They can position anywhere on the fender really, its all what youre taste is. Most of them for the GTs are right about where I put them. I have seen others back behing the wheel well...Best part is they will peel right off with no effort if I decide I dont like them.

Barry, I think it started as a Corvette thing...there is plenty of sories about their origin on the net, jsut need to know where to look.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            IMO add paint in other places

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15775[/ATTACH]
            Hmmm, interesting...I would do the white louvers but I guess that would work too....ah, hell who am I trying to kid...youre kidding right, thats freaking awful LMAO!!!

Comment

the hash marks were started by team cars that raced at LeMans ... im too lazy to type my version so i hacked it from another forum

The stripes were originally used for the teams to identify the individual cars in a team. When team cars are painted identically, they have a hard time identifying which car is entering the pits, or their relative position on the track. Different teams used different methods. Sometimes the Cobras used a single thicker stripe about two thirds of the width of the car. They were placed only on one side because they only needed to be on the side of the car that faced the infield or the pits. Of course, each car in a team used different color stripes to differentiate them.
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Nice touch
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  Hmmm, interesting...I would do the white louvers but I guess that would work too....ah, hell who am I trying to kid...youre kidding right, thats freaking awful LMAO!!!
                  The only black I would put on it, or maybe a BOSS 302 style stripe, at most a two tone with a light silver blue metallic....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                    The only black I would put on it, or maybe a BOSS 302 style stripe, at most a two tone with a light silver blue metallic....

maybe I will do this this weekend....just for shits and grins.....I love this stuff it is a great time killer.

Comment

Working...
                    X