No announcement yet.

Duquion making a come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it was bad but they got the track ready in time........the camp grounds can be an adventure
    during a flash flood.
    We'll be at the Holiday Inn this time.......I think it's the host hotel.
    Giant cruise every night on parking lot with lots of burn outs.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

We were there in 88/89

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	865397

I would like to take my Malibu there with my son this year
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; December 5, 2012, 02:06 PM.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

wife asked me today if i wanted to put off my surgery til end of may giving me the month of June off for recouping .... hmmmmm Duquion might be in the cards
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I have it on good authority that there will be very cool new drag racing event at Duquion this year.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            I have it on good authority that there will be very cool new drag racing event at Duquion this year.
            Inquiring minds want to know........
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Went in 89-90. Got a plaque at home for winning the street sweeper competion in a stick car. There was a 5.0 mustang automatic that tried several times to beat us. Remember being at the car wash on the main drag at 6am watching a V8 Vega and a V8 Pinto race. It was wild times back then. Been to StPaul the last 3 years but may have to go back to DuQoiun next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                We were there in 88/89

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15832[/ATTACH]

I would like to take my Malibu there with my son this year
                that is a great chevelle

Comment

I heard Chad talking about this on the live show. I grew up in Alaska and had all the magazines and used to flip threw all the pages of car craft/hot rod with a flash light, and I've spent the last 8 years or so visiting every drag strip I ever wanted to. I made a deal with my wife to scale things back this year and maybe (gasp!) get a job. It's only a 5 hour 300 mile drive from here.....I really want to go now. I have a truck, trailer, car....I could probably swing this if I try. Sandy has her heart set on Hawaii, and I've already been there a few times, I'll just have to work a little harder.
                  We should make this a BangShift get togather, I'll bring the family, beer, grill, nitro....and you guys just bring yours, and we could make this the party of the century!
                  What say you?
                  (yeah, I've had a few beers)
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                    I heard Chad talking about this on the live show. I grew up in Alaska and had all the magazines and used to flip threw all the pages of car craft/hot rod with a flash light, and I've spent the last 8 years or so visiting every drag strip I ever wanted to. I made a deal with my wife to scale things back this year and maybe (gasp!) get a job. It's only a 5 hour 300 mile drive from here.....I really want to go now. I have a truck, trailer, car....I could probably swing this if I try. Sandy has her heart set on Hawaii, and I've already been there a few times, I'll just have to work a little harder.
                    We should make this a BangShift get togather, I'll bring the family, beer, grill, nitro....and you guys just bring yours, and we could make this the party of the century!
                    What say you?
                    (yeah, I've had a few beers)
                    I'd be up for a little BS get together.
                    It's not that far for me and not sure if I'll bring the shoebox or not.
                    Last edited by Monk; December 13, 2012, 09:53 PM.
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      I'd be up for a little BS get together.
                      It's not that far for me and not sure if I'll bring the shoebox or not.
                      Why would you not bring it?
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

I know Grumpy is close, and a few others.
                        This could be pretty cool if you think about it.
                        Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                          Why would you not bring it?
                          Weather for one........it's like a hog on ice in the rain.
                          Took it to Cape last summer on wet roads.......my asshole was puckered
                          the whole time.
                          Thom

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            that is a great chevelle

I think we where ahead of our time. Mech alky with Nitrous it was a Super Stock style susp. Ladder with floater leaf springs. He still has it but toned down to a single Four now
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                            X