New Nascar team owner vows to race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nascar team owner vows to race

from NASCAR.com , owner will not start and park. Will this make it less boring?

Pardon my ignorance.... START and PARK...
    what is it and WHY?

Comment

[QUOTE

W

=Deaf Bob;705202]Pardon my ignorance.... START and PARK...
      what is it and WHY?[/QUOTE]

It is qualifying for a race, starting the race, then parking the car long before the race is over, collect check, then go to next race, and repeat.

The reasons are lack of money and sponsors. The small teams that have little to no sponsors and money start the races to collect guaranteed paycheck just to make the races so they can make the next race. Mostly, it will prevent them from spending money on tires, fuel; but mostly to avoid replacing or fixing a car that got caught up in a wreck. There are as many as 10 cars per race that do this. Some barely make five laps before putting the car on the truck and moving on to the next race.
      Last edited by Scott Liggett; December 5, 2012, 02:55 PM.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Pardon my ignorance.... START and PARK...
        what is it and WHY?
        +1

do teams get a certain amount just for showing up?
        it does seem the money filled abyss ends up the champs...
        edit:
        scott answered the question.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 5, 2012, 02:43 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          +1

do teams get a certain amount just for showing up?
          it does seem the money filled abyss ends up the champs...
          edit:
          scott answered the question.
          You dont get a check unless you qualify for the race and your car takes the green flag to start the race
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There is something exceptionally flawed about the sport when it becomes a news story when a team owner enters competition and announces that he's not going to game the system and actually compete.

Imagine the day you open the newspaper and read, "New owner of Jacksonville Jagaurs vows to stop throwing games" -- Somewhere Smokey Yunick has a wry grin and is loudly telling anyone who will listen that no member of the France family since "Big Bill" has had enough sense to pour piss out of a boot.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You know... I never understood the start and park.. Understand it now... BUT WHY?
              Same deal with sandbaggers or those who brake just before a hit..
              Why derby if you are gonna play "parking lot"
              Get in, buckle up, destroy the damn car!
              My daughter hits harder than most guys!

Comment

I'm sure it beats a real job and if you wreck all your stuff you won't be working there long.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I bet he quietly changes his tune after forking out the $$$ for new parts/engines/cars after trashing a few.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Isn't that part of the game though? It's racing, not advertising.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                      Isn't that part of the game though? It's racing, not advertising.
                      Actually it's just the opposite, racing has turned into a by-product.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

^^^^^ Reality bites.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

What was I thinking?
                          Last edited by tedly; December 6, 2012, 08:04 AM.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

The start and park as been going on for years and happens more at certain tracks then others.

In the truck series whenever there was not a full field that always took out the back up truck and my friend who was the crew chief and had a valid Nascar license would quililfy the truck and run about 12 laps and pull in and say there was a clutch problem or something like that.

They always made between $8,000 and $12,000 dollars at each race doing this and for a small budget team this really adds up fast.

Jimbo

Comment

Although it makes no sense to most of us remember this is NASCAR and a whole lot of things don't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X