Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench race this combo

400 SBC, 10.5:1

AFR 210cc street heads (flow 309 cfm @ .600)

.570 lift with 241 int./247 exh @ .050, 110 degree lobe separation

Brodix intake

Holley 750

1 3/4" headers

Your guess on the hp & tq?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

These days with good heads (Like afr) if you can't make at least 1hp and 1ftlb per cube - you're doing it wrong.... right?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      These days with good heads (Like afr) if you can't make at least 1hp and 1ftlb per cube - you're doing it wrong.... right?
      that is a nice goal..two valve stuff lasts a long time too there.

there is oddities.. the inline needs to go way beyond itself for example.
      the 8 does not. that formula is good there.

boxer is too.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

497/498. ...-ish.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

A little more optimistic here .... 525 or so.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

More significantly, take a shot at ET with that motor in this car:

85 Monte SS, weighs 3300 lbs, TKO600 trans, 12-bolt with 4.10's, 275/60-15 drag radial.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

542.8HP @ 6000rpm

523.2ft-lbs @ 4500rpm

And that's using a solid roller......
              Last edited by TC; December 5, 2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post

85 Monte SS, weighs 3300 lbs, TKO600 trans, 12-bolt with 4.10's, 275/60-15 drag radial.
                Low 11's, if you know how to shift.....

Comment

Using the same number ratio from my W build
                  Same as the SWAG method

548 HP
                  512 # TQ

Yeah, I'd guess low 11's
                  Last edited by Monk; December 5, 2012, 08:35 PM.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Brodix intake

Holley 750

1 3/4" headers

I'm not as optimistic as others. I think the combo is less than optimal. Too much LSA for the 10.5 static CR (late IVC will bleed off some compression). Is the Brodix a single plane?... if so, no need for it... better off with a dual-plane, as this package won't be buzzing beyond 6,500 rpm. I'd peg this combo just north of 400 hp.
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I'd love to see that car actually weighed... I've been watching curb weights for the right home for the turbo 455 I'm building - and in this case, published information is the Monte Carlo weighs 3000 lbs and the 75 Corvette 3500 lbs.... I've weighed my Corvette, it doesn't weigh anywhere near 3500 lbs....
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

All the G bodies I have seen weighed were near 4000 stock(lowest around 3750), and lightened most were still over 3500 with small blocks in them. Start taking things out like my 79 Formula (2900) and you can get them down to 3300 or so. Im pretty sure my 65 is lighter than a G body.

I will say mid 11s if you get it to hook, its about what I would expect out of a 400 Pontiac with mildly ported E heads and a similar cam. Only difference is with the blue engine I would run a 3.73 gear and an RPM intake.

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                          I'm not as optimistic as others. I think the combo is less than optimal. Too much LSA for the 10.5 static CR (late IVC will bleed off some compression). Is the Brodix a single plane?... if so, no need for it... better off with a dual-plane, as this package won't be buzzing beyond 6,500 rpm. I'd peg this combo just north of 400 hp.
                          seems like a shitload of cam for 10.5:1

3300 with no driver is optimistic... Mine (88 MC SS , even my '80 turbo) felt every bit of 3600 before I got in it. No offense meant.

I'm guessing a 12.2 and crappy manners without a lot of gear and converter. I'd personally be backing the duration down a lot, like a 224-230* intake @ .050, 112 LSA maybe. RPM Air Gap. 3.73's or even 4.10's for the big girl. I had a couple of MC's and loved them. They are big though, no denying it. I bet it would be fun but I think that is too much cam for me.
                          Last edited by Beagle; December 6, 2012, 12:25 PM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm very interested to know what scales these weights came from.

Here at work we also have a grain elevator operation going on - that means certified scales subject to suprise state inspection. They are accurate to within 20#.

And being in the sand playground hobby, I'm a weight nut. I weigh everything I can get on the scales. I even built a doo-dad for one of the forklifts to allow me to weigh a car with one end elevated 3' off the ground for IC and CG calculations. (Yeah, the people at work look at me weird at times and often say "I don't want to know, do I?")

Here are some honest-to-God real world weights I've observed on my junk.

1983 Full-size Chevy 1/2 ton van with SBC and full conversion interior - 4000# even.

2008 Full size Chevy 1 ton van LS/4l80E full interior and seating for 12 - 6200#

1980 Chevy Malibu G-body 500 Cadillac/TH400 factory buckets and no lightening, factory jack & spare - 3300#

1982 Pontiac Grand Prix G-body SBC/th350 factory buckets console some minor lightening, factory jack & spare - 3200#

Green Sandrail VW power - 1240# (sheesh, what a pig! Gotta lose more!)

Blue Manx buggy shortened VW pan/power - 1050#

2006 Dodge Magnum wagon fully loaded leather power everything - 4200# (weighs more than a van! Crap! And gets 30mpg too!)

I talked my Boss' friend into scaling his new-to-him 1989ish loaded Corvette - 2800# I lost a bet that day, I guessed a bunch more.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Brodix intake

Holley 750

1 3/4" headers

A friend had nearly identical engine, but more cam. 557 hp at the wheels. Drove it nearly everyday in a 4000 lb scout.

His cam more around .600-.625 lift, 245-250 duration. Truck hauled ass.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X