• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl Buchka View Post
    Should I be?
    Knowing Dan, the man, prolly not....

Comment

hoping to swap our 68 Mustang project for a VW Squareback or Bus and get started on making a daily driver out of it. If not I'll finish up the metal work on the 68 and try to get it running with a pooch 351w by next summer.
      Last edited by Dignlif; December 19, 2012, 08:33 PM.
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
        hoping to swap our 68 Mustang project for a VW Squareback or Bus and get started on making a daily driver out of it. If not I'll finish up the metal work on the 68 and try to get it running with a pooch 351w by next summer.
        just found a diesel locally..
        slow gem, and no boxer, just different for a vanagon.

I saw "new engine" for old "volvo", and was let down by "junk yard replacement" in the later post.. that would be killer to find a new motor, old volvo.
        I believed for myself they are stronger, they used to come into the quick lube in the early 90s, fattest rockers to date to look at from the bottom, (subaru is a close second).

when I heard a v8 version of a volvo wagon locally, all custom, drive by..seemed to be stout just to look at. Actually looked just like that "volvette" that super virused all over the web... same color red.
        hard telling once one goes anonymous to be saved from the net where stuff ends up.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 19, 2012, 09:21 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A 240 is a solid platform to build on. I say I'm a car guy, but I'm really a Volvo guy, and I say I'm a Volvo guy, but I'm really a 240 guy.

The old iron block four cylinder Volvo engines are pretty stout. The one I'm dropping in is pretty fresh and shouldn't have any issues putting out 300+whp with daily driver reliability. The "new engine, old Volvo" is my other 242 project. That's getting a 4.4l V8 from an XC90.

Comment

I was teasing you! With a driveway full of Swedish steel I figured you must be a fan of Dutch cars. Welcome to the madhouse!

Barry - one of my buddies here in town has a BEAUTIFUL 240 series Volvo wagon with a Mustang GT 5.0 and a five speed, complete with EFI. It was built for him by a guy in New England (maybe Vermont) and he's done a bunch of them. Very clean swap that looks like it came there from the factory.

Dan

Comment

I really like how the 65 ish Volvo 120 series looks, especially the wagons. I can imagine the fun of having a 5.0 in one.

I've been doing way too much forum reading on VW's lately and have found some cool threads on using the Subaru WRX engines for motivation. That looks like a cool way to 'hotrod' a VW.
              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I should see if Dick will send me some pics of the wagon. If so I'll post 'em up. It's a NICE car.

Dan

Comment

I would love to see it. If it's from New England it's probably a Converse Engineering swap, out of Maine. http://www.converse-engineering.com/

Comment

I'm helping a friend put a roller EFI 302 into a volvo wagon.... should be a ton of fun, some of the conversions seen on the net make it appear to be a near factory install, like it was meant to go there.

Thanks for the kind words on the pedal car, with his birthday 4 days after Christmas - it's going to be a challenge for him not to feel slighted as he gets older.

I will post more pics once I get the gold leaf graphics put on and get it assembled. I have some work to do - I thought the drive wheel was bent - so I got a new one - turns out the drive axle is bent and new ones are pricey and won't be here in time... need to straighten the old one. There's some issues to work out with the steering column as well. One thing at a time. Last day of work for the year is tomorrow, thankfully.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
                      Besides doing the same thing as Bob Holmes this winter, over-hauling a 2.3L Ford, I'm going to start a new table lamp project.

I found this at an Antique shop yesterday for $15, says it for a 1933 Olds..........I'm going to turn it into a copy of>>>>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16118[/ATTACH]
                      >>>this.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16117[/ATTACH]

Also putting the finishing touches on another oil drum table Lamp I've started. I found the service station lamp shade at an estate sale for $6, got the drum for $FREE.99 from a friend at a car dealer, and got the pipe and table top at Lowes for $14. Just need to add the electrical light parts to finish. These drum/table lamps go perfect next to a recliner or sofa in the livingroom.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16119[/ATTACH]
                      The lamps are pretty cool, I'm always looking for new ideas. Here's the latest Coleman lantern light I made. The non working latern was a $20 craigslist find.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I need an idea for a mailbox guys. My new living quarters should be done by spring. I've thought about burying an axle with the original cam from the montes 400sbc, welded on the end, for a post, but what about the box itself? What could I make out of sheet metal or find on craigslist?
                        Last edited by kyhunter89; December 21, 2012, 10:07 AM.
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                          I need an idea for a mailbox guys. My new living quarters should be done by spring. I've thought about burying an axle with the original cam from the montes 400sbc, welded on the end, for a post, but what about the box itself? What could I make out of sheet metal or find on craigslist?

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Buchka View Post
                            I would love to see it. If it's from New England it's probably a Converse Engineering swap, out of Maine. http://www.converse-engineering.com/
                            that explains it.

the sound and sight of them..as if no errors, meant to happen.

I found a diesel wagon, little four cyl in bigger wagon in NH, sad shape, no more road going stickers..good candidates are around.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                              not my idea originally, have to give dibs to beagle on this one...just a little addition on his great idea...

make a base plate and use a Pro Stock Type Hood scoop... then you would be able to insert a standard mailbox inside and mount the flag to the outside... that way the USPS shouldn't complain too much... it's funny how they get if it doesn't have the stamped or embossed approval information on the door...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                                it's funny how they get if it doesn't have the stamped or embossed approval information on the door...
                                I was wondering about lawsuits, I wouldn't concrete it, and keep it off the road a bit. A square hood scoop like old gasser's had would be super easy. Isn't really my style though, I want subtle or something people dont understand. A cowl hood on top and a monte front eblem on the door could do it for me.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                                X