Old People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old People

Everybody's had seniors in their family get old. Parents or grandparents. If you're a spectator to it you see it - their GAS meter bottoms out. (That's "Give A Shit")

They don't care, no due diligence. No discretion. Like vomiting, actually. They say what they think. Instantly. LOUD because they can't hear well themselves.

My dad died for 12 weeks in the hospital so there we all were in the waiting room for that long. My mom found her way out of there. At the top of her lungs she said, "Just LOOK at that FAT woman over there! That's DISGUSTING." Mom at that time was 75 years old.

Mom, shut up. You're going home. Right now. And you're not coming back. She won, I guess. She didn't want to be there anyhow. She never did want to.

But don't old folks just go ahead and say what they want to? Every time no matter what or where?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Yep and I cant wait til its my turn.LOL

Comment

sometimes i wish we all were really allowed not to worry about being PC and be that brutally honest... we share your loss and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! God Bless and Merry Christmas!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        sometimes i wish we all were really allowed not to worry about being PC and be that brutally honest... we share your loss and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! God Bless and Merry Christmas!!
        Thanks Bullet, that was a long time ago by now. I miss Daddy still, always will, but Mama really pissed me off not being civil about it. Not a whole lot of old folks have a whole lot of civility left in them, at least Mama didn't.

And yeah, Merry Christmas of course. It's just a time to think back.....thinking about EVERYTHING. But not too hard. Just bits and pieces....the good parts are better.

Like yesterday I can remember Daddy holding the back of the seat, teaching me how to ride a bicycle. I never had training wheels. Daddy held me up and I fell down in the back yard time after time. Until I got it.

Yeah, I got it.
        Last edited by pdub; December 21, 2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Watch it! I just might be there already.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
            No Dan, you don't have that in you. Some folks live entirely too long and get bitter (like my mom did) and some others can't possibly live long enough or have enough fun doing it (that's you).

Comment

X%$##Y***zx@%%$!!! you - and the horse you rode in on.

Dan

How'd I do?

Comment

Dan

How'd I do?
                Pretty good, but you're lying. And we all know it.

Comment

Dunno what it is..
                  Mother in law always said the middle was her favorite..
                  My wife yooungest , and the oldest, gay, got contempt.. Altho they did everything for that @$$#%!{... While her darling stuck his head in the sand... After her death, he said he didn't do enough.. I LAUGHED at him.. Woethless pos!

Now my mom is 82 gripes about her sister with severe Alzheimers right in front of her.. Lots more.. I just grin and move on.. Helps the kids think I'm a saint.. Poser actually..heads need rolling! She knew dang well a cousin took his sister to court.. Loudly she hollared, "Wheres your sister, whats she doing?" Uncomfortable moment!!!

I always spoke my mind... Call spades spades.. More reserved now.. I think...

Comment

Dan
                    had that problem as long as I can remember. If anything, I get more reserved with age. Dad says whatever whenever - 82. He's like honey badger. Really doesn't GAS.

I had a boss one time tell me "there's people that call a spade a spade and then there's you, who comes right out with "That m*er F*ing shovel""

I wasn't sure how to take that. Oh well. I probably was asking for a shovel. To brain and then bury somebody with. :| I used to take my job a lot more seriously.

I think I dropped the F-bomb at work the other morning at work, about 8:00a so there aren't a lot of people in yet. I suppose I might have been loud - neighbors said "AH, I hear Pat."

It's a technical term, go back to sleep. lol. I apologize, they say "No, we enjoy it when you go off and say everything that everyone else is afraid to say"

it's an expensive curse. I can't say how many times it's cost me a lot of money... I'll probably run out of things to say by the time I'm really old like pdub. Right now, I'm just sorta old.
                    Last edited by Beagle; December 22, 2012, 07:04 AM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

omg. how appropriate is this thread peewee.... you can't know.....

My mom is 82 works 60 hrs a week for the GOP and just 4 weeks ago had both knees replaced. She has been in the rehab center for the last 3 weeks getting limbered up to walk again...I drove her home last night and as we wre leaving one of the attendents says to me... "hopefully you'll be happier at home. good bye audrey."

apparently the coffee wasn't very good at the facility and she let them know.
                      apparently the nurses were too loud at night and she let them know.
                      apparently the food wasn't always hot and she let them know.
                      apparently the medicines were not delivered quite on time and she let them know.
                      apparently the bed was too hard and she let them know.
                      apparently the room was too hot/cold and she let them know.
                      apparently her roomate was too wimpy and she let her know.
                      apparently .................................................. .................................................. ............................

damn.
                      no really..... damn.

:sigh: i luv my mom, - but i may be alone in that - ..........
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

It's so true for a lot of folks. Notwithstanding everything they might have to be upbeat about in life, the first instinct is to find something to complain about.
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Dan

How'd I do?
                          One of my personal favorites!

I ain't waitin' I have said what I wanted for years to the tune of Loren actually putting his hand over my mouth in public at times...

here is one of my favorites:

"Why don't you have a nice tall glass of shut the F&!$ up"
                          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 24, 2012, 04:46 PM.
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

BTW Peewee way to start an awesome swearing thread! Happy Holidays!
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 24, 2012, 04:45 PM.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Some older folks are very cool. I aspire to be the "cool old guy."
                              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Working...
                              X