Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    so much for global warming....
    Actually, this is exactly what the global warming models predict. The main thing at this point in the cycle is unstable weather - hotter and colder than usual with wet and dry zones not in their usual locations and times of the year.

Notice I didn't say a thing about what causes it or what to do about it and I won't. THAT strays into politics pretty quickly and we don't do that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Glad you're ok, you are, aren't ya?
      Absolutely - we call it winter. No problemos here, knock on wood.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Actually, this is exactly what the global warming models predict. The main thing at this point in the cycle is unstable weather - hotter and colder than usual with wet and dry zones not in their usual locations and times of the year.

Notice I didn't say a thing about what causes it or what to do about it and I won't. THAT strays into politics pretty quickly and we don't do that.

Dan
        did they predict it in the same week? It was 78 here on Saturday, 18 this morning. Wait - that is in Texas, we just call it weather. (nod to Phil ^ , Omaha has it worse than Dallas for both hot and cold.) So is it true that one volcano eruption = every car pollution ever added together?
        Last edited by Beagle; December 26, 2012, 02:49 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          did they predict it in the same week? It was 78 here on Saturday, 18 this morning. Wait - that is in Texas, we just call it weather. (nod to Phil ^ , Omaha has it worse than Dallas for both hot and cold.) So is it true that one volcano eruption = every car pollution ever added together?
          First question - Yep. That what is meant by unstable weather. But remember, the models take a macro view so there's no telling about any individual event.

Question #2 - never heard that one but I suspect not. The atmosphere can take a certain amount of insult but too much for too long and there's a price to pay.

Dan

Comment

I am ready for spring!
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              I am ready for spring!
              Winter just started last week....

Comment

Working...
              X