• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Stan The Man Musial

Just heard of his death.
    What a great legend in baseball.

I was fortunate enough to see him play in the
    old Sportsmanship Park in St. Louis.....also saw his last game against the Reds.

Rip Stan.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Me too. A sad day for Cardinal fans everywhere.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not a big baseball fan but he was surely among the greats. I hope he had a contented life and an easy passing.

Dan

Comment

When I moved to St. Louis years ago, I had no idea who he wAs. A buddy of mine showed me who he was and all that he represented, we went to a cardinals game and even got to meet him,even at his age he was very witty and personable. He will be missed very much especially around St. Louis rip Stan the man

Comment

Originally posted by brandontinley View Post
          When I moved to St. Louis years ago, I had no idea who he wAs. A buddy of mine showed me who he was and all that he represented, we went to a cardinals game and even got to meet him,even at his age he was very witty and personable. He will be missed very much especially around St. Louis rip Stan the man
          After the games, kids would wait outside the club house for autographs.
          Stan drove a white Cadillac......folks would hang around that area.
          He almost stopped to give autographs........buddy of mine was lucky enough to get one.

You don't see that much today.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

hopefully Mike & Mike on ESPNradio talk about him monday morning on my way to work, im sick of the Lance Armstrong and Te'O thing
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

True icon for St. Louis. Monk is there anyway you could get a copy of the St. Louis post? My wife and I are big fans but have no way of getting a copy
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                True icon for St. Louis. Monk is there anyway you could get a copy of the St. Louis post? My wife and I are big fans but have no way of getting a copy
                Sure......they had a special insert this morning on him
                I'll try to get you one.
                Thom

Comment

I would be really grateful
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Monk, you're telling your age saying that you saw games at the old Sportsmans Park. I also got to go there in the late 40s, the St. Louis Browns also played there.

Comment

By the way Monk. Your avatar, is that at the old Wentzville strip?

Comment

Originally posted by GH View Post
                        By the way Monk. Your avatar, is that at the old Wentzville strip?
                        Sullivan, MO
                        Thom

Comment

I grew up in Chicago with a Musial bat, lord he used to come tear up the friendly confines.....a class guy too. RIP
                          Last edited by 173rdherd; January 21, 2013, 06:32 AM.
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                          X