Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Body friends

I am new and need friends that know about G-BODYS

I'm a newbee to the G-body crowd myself, I just bought a '85 Monte SS about 6 mouths ago, there are quite a few of us G-body owners on this board, so ask away and I'm sure someone will have an answer to your questions......

Comment

Yes, welcome to BangShift. Be patient and all will be responded to... If you really swapped out a V-6 for an eight, yes you get immediate credibility here.

Comment

Don't believe anything that anyone on here tells you about me, I know nothing about G-bodies...

By the way, I highly recommend joining www.montecarloss.com

Probably the best forum for 4th gen Monte Carlos.
        Last edited by DNut; February 6, 2013, 07:05 AM.
        I take photos.

Comment

http://www.maliburacing.com/ is a good site, i use to troll the site looking for a G body wagon to come up for sale, that was before craigslist
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Let me know if I can help. I know a couple things about them
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I've owned at least one G-body since 1995.

What direction are you taking your car? Stock resto, drag racing, pro touring, DONK, etc? Also what make model?
              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I G-body quite a bit...........
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I am the aging fart that drove them 46k miles a year from the hills to the city and back..every day. Even exceeded antifreeze once..way below zero.

3 at the same time, only keeping one running.

all rare. all factory floor shift, two t-top, one genuine HO SS hardtop. I even totalled one.

staying factory into a big v8 swap is going to hurt you...
                  the no bullshitters making suspension parts and links, do hang out there.

I wish that ss forum existed while I had my stuff. I was like a kid worshipping gm as if no errors at all back when...
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have a bench seat in my 87 Monte Carlo ls and i am thinking of putting a floor shifter. what kind of floor shifter would you think would fix best. With out having to put bucket seats in any idea.

Comment

Any aftermarket shifter that uses a cable should work, but it's not ideal since you will have to mount it close to the dash.

Couple of random topics with photos:

is it possible to add a center shift to your el camino and still keep the bench seat? just the shifter, no console of course. pics would be awesome, thanks. :D

Hi i have a 1984 Monte Carlo Super Sport and i have a full bench seat. i want to put a floor shifter in it but i want to keep the bench seat i would like to put an art carr shifter or a b&m shifter. please help! thanks
                      I take photos.

Comment

its rare but a few cars in the G-body platform came with a floor shifter, my neighbor in arizona who had three G body wagons, one of them had a floor shifter with the bench seat, factory 3 speed
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                          its rare but a few cars in the G-body platform came with a floor shifter, my neighbor in arizona who had three G body wagons, one of them had a floor shifter with the bench seat, factory 3 speed

It's not THAT rare. Ton of G-bodies came with automatic floor shifters, but they always had bucket seats and a console.

I've yet to see a car with an automatic, floor shifter, and bench seat, but like you said there were a few bench seat/manual transmission cars (Malibus and whatnot).
                          Last edited by DNut; February 6, 2013, 10:58 AM.
                          I take photos.

Comment

My monte is auto so I guess I'll just have to find out if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              My monte is auto so I guess I'll just have to find out if it works.
                              You won't have any problems installing a B&M or similar shifter (Just need to remove the factory linkage, cut a hole in the floor, and install the new shifter cable), but as I mentioned before it may not be in an ideal position for use, even with the seat all the way back on its track.

Take a look at the links that I posted for photos of the install that others have done.
                              I take photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X