I am a bad influence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a bad influence.

It's no secret I am the company gearhead. No one else except my boss/friend Gregg has old cars and works on them. I read a bunch of car mags while waiting on clients. Easy to pick up and put down throughout the day. When I am done, I give them to the dispatchers. They gobble them up looking at the pretty pictures.

One dispatcher, Amy. Yes, I said Amy, has been taking them all home. She also has been actively looking for a old car project and asking a lot of questions.

A couple weeks ago Amy said she found her car. She bought a cute little '64 Dodge Dart 270 coupe with a slanty six and push button Torqueflite. She found it, test drove it, negotiated for it, and bought it all on her own.

The funny part is that Amy's husband wasn't involved in the purchase at all. He's all Ricer Boy anyways and drives a Mitsubishi Evo. Her little boys like her car more than his now.

I rebuilt the carb for her yesterday while she detailed the car. She was asking all kinds of questions while watching me work. She is wanting to learn to fix stuff herself.

My job is done here. Next student please.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Scott,talk her into a cheap turbo build for that leaning tower of power.That will piss her husband off.LOL.

Comment

Two things I admire here...the fortitude in which she has entered the hobby, more so than most people in any interest...and the willingness and knowledge you have for someone newly interested in the hobby. Formidable teacher qualities as you eluded to...or that someone, that many years from now, Amy will tell a new friend is the person who got her interested in this great hobby.

Comment

Thanks for spreading the good word Scott!
        some still need to learn the old ways still work and to ditch the stereotypes!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Way to go Scott ... keep it alive !!!

Comment

its always fun seeing someone new get into cars.

Did you tell her to sign up here???
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Yes Scott - you ARE a bad influence! The first fix is free, the next one is $50.00. I know the deal.

WAY TO GO!!!! (And good luck, Amy).

Dan

Comment

Great story. That's an awesome pick for a first timer in the old car hobby ... easy to drive, dead-nuts reliable car that won't break the bank to drive and maintain.

cheers
                Ed
                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

We are looking for a few trim pieces for the car. Head light rings and the rear window stainless trim. Any know if there is a supplier for this stuff?

She got a good deal on it. $2700. It's real straight with two quarter sized rust spots in the quarter panel. The paint is a 50 footer. Runs everywhere. But, it's a solid base for a sand down and respray. It also came with 4 new tires, the tiny 13"ers and a full sound system.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

have her bring it to the fall fling at woodley park in May. bitchin mopar show. i will be there with one of my mopars.
                    Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Steve70 View Post
                      have her bring it to the fall fling at woodley park in May. bitchin mopar show. i will be there with one of my mopars.
                      I will tell her about the show. I am planning to go shoot it. Maybe meet up AutoXCuda there.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X