• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Offers Drag Racing Rolling Chassis

This is interesting.
    Chevy offering up a rolling chassis.
    For $55,000, less drive train, you can build your own COPO

Last edited by Monk; March 26, 2013, 05:09 AM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Less car for more dollars?
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
      Less car for more dollars?
      Looks like it
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Believe it or not, there are an amazing amount of modifications made to a standard issue Camaro to make it into a COPO. It isn't as easy as slapping a roll bar in and bolting in a rear axle. Large portions of the car are cut up, modified, reinforced, and massaged.

Not saying $55,000 isn't big bucks, but you are paying for a lot more than a roll bar, wheels, and slicks.
        Last edited by Brian Lohnes; March 26, 2013, 06:16 AM.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah.......I guess there's a lot of engineering put into the car.
          Thom

Comment

COPO cant be titled for the street. So, what does a body in white cost? Last I heard was around 6 . I may be wrong but I think I could build one for $35,000.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Bring back the 302 Z28 & I might be interested..

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                Bring back the 302 Z28 & I might be interested..
                That'd be interesting
                Thom

Comment

That thing got a HEMI in it?
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Believe it or not, there are an amazing amount of modifications made to a standard issue Camaro to make it into a COPO. It isn't as easy as slapping a roll bar in and bolting in a rear axle. Large portions of the car are cut up, modified, reinforced, and massaged.

Not saying $55,000 isn't big bucks, but you are paying for a lot more than a roll bar, wheels, and slicks.
                    I wouldn't pay half that much for a gutted car I can't register.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Lets see your buying a stripped down 6 cylinder camaro, with a couple of thousand dollars worth of suspension goodies, a few thousand dollars in wheels and tires and a couple of thousand dollars in a roll bar, so you would be better off buying a 6 cylinder camaro doing all the suspension mods and install the cage, sell the engine and interior to offset the price of the car and you could be in the same car that would be street legal for about 1/2 the price.......
                      Last edited by TC; March 27, 2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

If I buy a new car it had better be running and I'll be damned if I'm going to blow it up at the track before it's paid off.

Comment

look on the brigjt side, chevy finally offers a camaro with AC and radio delete
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                            That thing got a HEMI in it?
                            since its a rolling chassis, it could ... mental image - 426 with a 8-71 sticking thru the hood, yea im sure that would piss off a couple people
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                              since its a rolling chassis, it could ... mental image - 426 with a 8-71 sticking thru the hood, yea im sure that would piss off a couple people
                              Or put a flathead in it an go XO racing at Bonneville

Comment

Working...
                              X