Local Pomona California Knowledge Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Pomona California Knowledge Needed

Hello, I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to the 2014 Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, Ca. in Jan. of 2014. I was told there is a nice hotel right by where the show is held but that it is booked well in advance. What I am looking for is a nice Hotel, In a safe area not too far from the show area. We plan on driving to LA to check out the Petersen Museum and a couple other things while we are there so maybe something in between LA and Pomona would be great. Are there places to stay away from? We plan on flying into LAX and renting a vehicle there. Any advice, suggestions or warnings would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Hamar

I'm guessing this is the Hotel that they told you about, "Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center" There is also the "NHRA Wally Parks Museum" which is located next to the Sheraton. As for other things to do while visiting SoCal, check out this site, hope this helps.

car shows, car events, hot rod, classic, import, truck, car, show, event, swap
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
      I'm guessing this is the Hotel that they told you about, "Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center" There is also the "NHRA Wally Parks Museum" which is located next to the Sheraton. As for other things to do while visiting SoCal, check out this site, hope this helps.

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html
      Yes. That is the one that is closest. You can walk from there to the show. The NHRA Museum's back door is behind building 4 of the fairgrounds. You can literally go from the roadster show right into the museum. They often have discounts for show goers.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hotels

Awesome info guys! I also need another Hotel to stay at. The Fairplex is booked.

Comment

Hotels.com will list the hotels around the area. But they want you to pay in full up front. The phone numbers they list are their's. You would have to find thebhotels' actual phone numbers. I would only use that site as a reference to find local hotels.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We always stay at the Double Tree Ontario. It's just past the Fairplex coming from LAX but it's a easy drive to Pomona. Real close to Foothill Blvd which has tons of restaurants. And there is an In-n-Out right at the exit off the 10 freeway that you can walk to from the hotel!
            We stayed there this year.
            Last edited by Joe Grippo; April 8, 2013, 12:40 PM.
            Time Wasters...
            http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Joe's Double Tree sounds like an excellent option, I'll probably book mark that for next Winter. What I typically do is bring up google maps and go to the area you're searching and put in the word "Hotels" and it will show you the ones in that area along with reviews, I like doing it that way because I can grab the Satellite view and see if they have sufficient parking for the pickup & trailer.
              Last edited by Grumpy; April 8, 2013, 02:26 PM.
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I used to drive by there every day for a couple years. Hang a right to go to college in Pomona, hang a left to go to the Ontario Auto Center for work
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, I ended up booking the Comfort Inn in San Dimas. I hope this place is ok?

Comment

San Dimas is fine. Kind of a quaint little town.
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                      X