went go kart racing in a Prowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went go kart racing in a Prowler

.my wife is a member of the local sports car club and takes her Prowler autocross racing. This month they did something different and went to a kart track in Tucson to run laps. She didn't want to drive, so I did. I never drove a car this way before so it was a real learning experience.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

He's in the ditch! He's in the ditch!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Over shoots!
      How many 180's??
      Last edited by Deaf Bob; June 2, 2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Saw your Facebook posting...........looked like it was loads of fun.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

On about the third lap, I took a tight 180 just a little too fast and discovered what it takes to spin. After that I was fine. My lap times were around 10 seconds or so off the faster (little) cars. Strange that a car as small as the Prowler seems like a big car in this type of racing. There were several Miatas, several Subarus, a couple Lotuses, a late Mustang Boss 302 (which I could almost keep up with), etc. Before I ran I got a ride in a Saturn Sky, with a guy I've known for years, who used to have a big block 55 Nomad. Overheating was a common theme for the night, it was over 100 out when we started running just before sunset. I even got the Prowler a bit hot on the last run.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
          X