RANT: Got Hurt Washing the Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT: Got Hurt Washing the Car

I'm cruising along already thinking about how I can't have beer for breakfast tomorrow causa going to the casual work gathering tomorrow evening.

Washing Bluebelle 'cause she was up there in Yankee Land where salt lives on the roads. Slinging suds around and I cut the PISS out of the little finger on my right hand.

Not as bad as Bob did it at the BS party, not stiches, but near-abouts.

I've made great sport of Unit rubbing the garage door with Bluebelles' fender, but on another occasion I missed the "stop here" bumper and mashed the dealer plate on the front of the car into the work bench. So it was bent, just a little. Exhibit A:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Razor.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	880499

I swiped across that thing and it didn't even hurt, a clean cut. Dripping blood everywhere.

Unit first-aided me, using a band aid like a tourniquet, and I was back to work. Now I'm mad.

That front dealer plate came off of the car so fast, but the plate holder was recalcitrant. It's got star drive screws holding it, some odd bastard size, I went through the whole collection of star drive things that I have before I found on that would turn the screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2680.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	880500

But they have nuts on the back side and now the screws are just loose. Nobody in whatever position with whatever tool can hold those nuts while you turn the screw.

Lost some blood. Washing the car. Dammit. Rant over.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Dammit. I jus' dun' hate-it when sh*t gets recalcitrant.

Comment

You should try some chrome bumpers.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Better than a paper cut.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
          Dammit. I jus' dun' hate-it when sh*t gets recalcitrant.
          Sumbitch, dammit. My finger now feels real good between heartbeats. Sumbitch. Dammit. With a loose license plate holder on the front of the car. Dammit.

Comment

at least it look proper to hold a plate. imagine that sharp edge dangling with no known cure.

I bend the state of maine plate around the bumper to stop the guillotine edge...after drilling two holes through the middle of the plate.

it is like like a hopeless euro width.. make a frame, car overheats.. as front of radiator gets filled in.

anyway looks like a clean plate, heal up good.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Try your ALLEN WRENCHES....
              If none, then a wore out phillips head. (small one) might do the job...
              I had a partially stripped phillips in my cordless drill, just pushed hard while holding the nut, it tightened enuff..
              Sometimes the wrong tool works..

Comment

Need pics of the bloodletting. So, was it a Donna The Explorer or Barney Band Aid.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                  Need pics of the bloodletting. So, was it a Donna The Explorer or Barney Band Aid.
                  No, it was Patricia the Pussy, with flowers on it. A new market line from Band Aid.

Comment

That is the ONLY disadvantage to having my fuel cap behind my license plate, who thought it was a good idea to make them sharp?
                    I'm going to find some little rubber trim thing stuffs to put on my plates to prevent myself from doing that to myself again
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                      That is the ONLY disadvantage to having my fuel cap behind my license plate, who thought it was a good idea to make them sharp?
                      I'm going to find some little rubber trim thing stuffs to put on my plates to prevent myself from doing that to myself again
                      That's a good safety plan Eagle! But for my interest, please quantify, "...doing that to myself AGAIN." You did that too?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                        I've owned four cars with the gas filler behind the license plate and have never once cut myself on the plate getting gas
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          I've owned four cars with the gas filler behind the license plate and have never once cut myself on the plate getting gas
                          QFT! Maybe license plates are sharper now, or...
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                            QFT! Maybe license plates are sharper now, or...
                            Dealer plate. Cheaply made. Bent. Anomoly. Sharp as a Playmate on the edge.

My fault. I'm the safety guy. Didn't do a 360 observation and gather what all hazards might be there.

Sumbitch. Dammit. Trapped, caught. Cut.

Comment

I've done it a couple times, badly once though, shortly after I bought the AMX, filling her up, sliced my middle finger on the top of the plate rather deeply, glad I was in my NWUs and not dress whites. And a few times when I bought the Eagle washing the space underneath the plate.
                              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Working...
                              X