Dealerships + maintenace = SUCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loren View Post
    That's the kind-of stuff that really pisses me off. How many innocent women, old people, or just regular guys were they stealing from each week? Scum with a license to steal.

I asked my wife to stop at Canadian Tire (hardware store with a parts department) to get me a turn signal bulb for an old farm truck. Gave her the bulb number and everything. She innocently asked someone for help, and they convinced her to buy a $50 fancy-schmancy sealed beam headlight instead. It's not just dealerships that compete to screw over the women who walk in the door.

And no, I never did use the headlight. Still sitting on the shelf, two years later.

Comment

get a new flywheel

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        get a new flywheel
        I don't think that will help with the turn signal, either.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          get a new flywheel
          Why,? Whats the point? Why not just resurface? You buying?
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

In the past few years common flywheels are often cheaper to replace than resurface - IF you can find someone who can do it properly. Our local AAMCO is run by a VERY sharp father and son team and they did the M-B flywheel. Those do not fit the "common" category and are not easy to turn properly but they got 'er done. But in general it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a shop to do this job.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              In the past few years common flywheels are often cheaper to replace than resurface - IF you can find someone who can do it properly. Our local AAMCO is run by a VERY sharp father and son team and they did the M-B flywheel. Those do not fit the "common" category and are not easy to turn properly but they got 'er done. But in general it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a shop to do this job.

Dan
              It's just harder to find someone who still does flywheel turning.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A new flywheel is between 350 and 700 dollars, I will be resurfacing lol. I have a machine shop I like, they work cheap but do great work...bunch of old crusty gear heads...parts knee deep as far as the eye can see.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I don't have much experience with dealerships since the present car is the first car we ever bought with some warrenty still left. We bought a 2008 Taurus with under 4k miles in '09. Car has been a really nice car. When we have had a problem the dealer has fixed it right and honored the warrenty. Pat and I could both heard a swishing sound at highway speed. Dealer's folks couldn't hear it but replaced the right front disc anyway. Fixed the problem. No charge to us. Course I know it's not costing the dealer either since it was under warrenty, still they did everything the way I thought they sholud. Seems like a very honest place that charges $80 an hour for shop work. I don't think the service writers know much about cars, but I get what I came for so no problem. I must be lucky to have the guy I have. He owns the Chevy dealership as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
                    I don't have much experience with dealerships since the present car is the first car we ever bought with some warrenty still left. We bought a 2008 Taurus with under 4k miles in '09. Car has been a really nice car. When we have had a problem the dealer has fixed it right and honored the warrenty. Pat and I could both heard a swishing sound at highway speed. Dealer's folks couldn't hear it but replaced the right front disc anyway. Fixed the problem. No charge to us. Course I know it's not costing the dealer either since it was under warrenty, still they did everything the way I thought they sholud. Seems like a very honest place that charges $80 an hour for shop work. I don't think the service writers know much about cars, but I get what I came for so no problem. I must be lucky to have the guy I have. He owns the Chevy dealership as well.
                    seems like you found yourself a good dealership....I know they are out there but to find one is like finding hens teeth

Comment

if you resurface the flywheel with a hydraulic clutch ...you get a lower pedal

Comment

Working...
                      X