Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lookie Here"

Huge big news from outer space. Major.

I live in Tennessee so I don't really know what to do with this profound revelation. Other than the photo looks like that would be a decent place for a road course, not so much a drag strip.

If we could send a bunch of graders out there to level out a spot, I'll bet Dan Stokes wouldn't mind driving that far for a speed event....

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Not likely. I've seen most of the pix from the mission so far, and Mars is littered with sharp rocks. It definitely NOT FLAT.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Well they already invented the machine that will produce oxygen on Mars, so I guess let the terraforming begin.
      The Green Machine.
      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Wouldn't anything have a bit of everything. We are around the same sun. Simply life as we know it is not there...but the people that invented 1980s subarus.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yes, but.... it's funny most news reports leave off the rest of that article

the bit that says

It’s not all good news, though. Along with the large amount of water, SAM’s GC instrument also detected significant amounts of oxygen and chlorine, suggesting that up to 0.5% of the soil consists of perchlorate compounds. Perchlorates are known to slow down human thyroid function, so it could be an issue for human explorers/settlers if there is a lot of perchlorate in the Martian atmosphere.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...uriosity-rover

so sure, there's water there - but the dirt will kill you.

and here's the egghead report for those with not much planned tonight
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 27, 2013, 04:33 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Let's have a serious discussion about funding.......
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X