Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 cylinder mint 82 Camaro for sale in UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 cylinder mint 82 Camaro for sale in UK.

Future classic?.Cant be many left with the iron duke,in this condition.

Good to see that even a "mint" example has a sagging headliner!
    I take photos.

Comment

First year of the 3rd gens. Never did see many 4 cyl 4 spds. Worked with a pretty blonde girl at dominos pizza who had a black one. She said all the guys in Mustangs kept trying to race her. Then they hit on her.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Seems to be a mashup of a Camaro and a Firebird. Maybe they sold a Camaro Trans Am in Europe? With the left hand steering I'm guessing it was not sold new in England so I'm a bit confused all around. Not unusual.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Seems to be a mashup of a Camaro and a Firebird. Maybe they sold a Camaro Trans Am in Europe? With the left hand steering I'm guessing it was not sold new in England so I'm a bit confused all around. Not unusual.

Dan
          Looks like the owner put the Trans Am emblems on the dash and steering wheel. The rest of the dash is Camaro. Firebird had a different dash. In the description, he says the engine is a Pontiac Iron Duke.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The other option. Maybe a Bert Reynolds fan?

Dan

Comment

Thirty-one years later, the "future" is now and I'm personally not seeing it. But then I've never been a big F-body fanatic either.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I have always felt that the 4 cyl Camaros,where kinda rare..but the production numbers from 84 tell another story.

Berlinetta V6: 98,471
                Berlinetta V8: 33,400
                Z/28 V8 : 100,899
                Sport coupe 4-cyl: 127,292

Comment

I had no idea they eer made Camaros with that engine. I had one from a Nova in my wife's Model A until she came home and demanded a V8 because a Volkswagon beat her from a stop light.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                    I have always felt that the 4 cyl Camaros,where kinda rare..but the production numbers from 84 tell another story.

Berlinetta V6: 98,471
                    Berlinetta V8: 33,400
                    Z/28 V8 : 100,899
                    Sport coupe 4-cyl: 127,292
                    I saw more than one at a quick lube in the earl 90s. Very overloaded.. constant oil changes. Sad as those old subes with the 1781cc and 15 gear AWD.

I took to the 4cyl mustangs, one sold before I could save up my pennies. Even back then, young , 60k miles or so.. 1200 bucks got one. The weight static for the camaro was ok.. but once you had to actually move. Wow. One of the dumbest compilations ever. even the throwout bearing was overloaded. That time of change lead me to the older subarus. the boxer is incredible...still is. that mentality is not all flunked. mustangs and Camaros and vegas and chevettes ruined it.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 9, 2013, 10:50 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
                      I had no idea they eer made Camaros with that engine. I had one from a Nova in my wife's Model A until she came home and demanded a V8 because a Volkswagon beat her from a stop light.
                      the 3rd gen camaro and S10 truck both came out that year. Both had 2.5 and 2.8 V6 engine options. Both blew up 2.8's quite regularly, especially those with 5 speeds.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Never saw one of those before............that engine bay looks pretty funny to me.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Our PnP yard has several square body S-10s with the 4 banger. The one I got the brake bits from has quite a few miles on it (100K+ but I forget exactly) so I guess they kept rolling.

Dan

Comment

we sold a few fours in the eighties camaros , never saw a firebird with one
                            now we sell a four cylinder impala

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                              we sold a few fours in the eighties camaros , never saw a firebird with one
                              now we sell a four cylinder impala
                              I had to check the Firebird,as i have never heard about a 4 cylinder Firebird..and yes,from 82 to 86 you could get a Firebird or a Firebird SE with the Iron Duke.http://www.earlythirdgen.com/forums/...php?f=6&t=2174

Comment

Working...
                              X